Chapter 18

Hi guys...

I think this is the chapter that you've all been waiting for :)

Btw the video on the side is the song from my trailer, which I hope some of you have watched, and it's not really related to this chapter it's just I'm in love with the song :) 

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a deep breath before pressing the door bell. After waiting for a couple of seconds I saw some type of model... I mean my teacher open the door.

“Hey Hayden... Come in” he moved out of the doorway so then I could walk in. As I walked in I couldn’t help but turn around and look at what he was wearing. He had on his usual clothes that he wore to work, black pants with a white crisp button-down shirt, except he didn’t have a tie instead he had a couple of buttons undone showing off a bit of his tanned chest. I looked away very quickly so then he couldn’t see that I was looking at him. He slowly turned around to face me after closing the door.

“So my mum said Brooke’s in bed from 9:00 to 10:00 she’s already in her pyjamas my mum did that before she went and if you want any food you know where the fridge is or if you want to order a pizza then you can.” He turned to the coat rack and took his black suit jacket off one of the racks. He looked at me whilst putting his jacket on. “Urm... I’m not sure what time the meeting finishes but if it gets any later than 10:00 I’ll come straight home.”

“Seriously don’t worry about it wait till the meeting finishes.” I said, hopefully Emily and Alex might be home before Mr Peterson comes home so then I don’t have to see him.

“Are you sure?” I nodded at him. “Ok... thank you” he whispered the last part. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Don’t worry about it”

“Jakey” I turned to see Brooke walking down the hallway in her pyjamas. Jake kneeled down so then he was the same height as her. “What time is the meeting finishing?” she asked.

“I don’t know sweetie but I’ll try and be home before you go to bed but if I’m not you still have to go to bed.” She nodded and then hugged him. “Have fun at your meeting” she said to him. He let her go and stood up whilst ruffling her hair.

“I’ll try kiddo” he said “By the way I know you will but I’m just reminding you that you have to listen to Hayden ok when she tells you to go to bed you go to bed ok” she nodded at him.

“Ok goodnight Jakey” she waved and walked towards the living room.

“Goodnight Brookster” he shouted as she disappeared into the living room. He looked at me whilst smoothing his suit jacket down and grabbing his ‘teacher’s’ bag off of the table at the side of the front door. “All of our numbers are on the fridge in case of an emergency and like I said I’ll try and get home as soon as possible.” I nodded.

“Don’t worry about us we’ll be fine” I said smiling trying to show that he shouldn’t be worried.

“I know” he whispered whilst looking at me “but I still do” he muttered. He turned around and opened the front door. I walked towards it so then I could close it.

“Have fun at your meeting if that’s possible” he laughed and waved as he walked towards his car.

“I’ll try” he smiled. I closed the front door and walked towards the living room where Brooke was sat on the couch brushing Roxy’s hair. I sat down at the side of her.