38.

Mandag 6: 55

The alarm of my alarm clock resounded abruptly around my room making me jump under my pile of blankets since I already had my head like a melon. Last night had probably been a hell for me. It would seem that coming home from Chris to my house on foot the other night had been the worst idea ever.

It took the entire weekend for me to feel the first symptoms but now I could definitely say that a hammerstick struck against my skull incessantly. My nose was red and irritated from all the handkerchiefs I had used during the night now lying in a pile on the floor and my body felt like on a switch. Hot-cold, hot-cold.

And I did not even talk about the nauseating sensation in my stomach.

There was no doubt, I was definitely sick and yet I knew I could not skip today. Not because I was a kind of sick job but because of what happened on Friday. I knew I was probably going to be in the middle of the rumors and did not want to act like a let go when staying at the hotel.

I knew I had a right reason not to go but that people did not know and I preferred to avoid more rumors about me.

So with the little energy I had left, I hit the button of my alarm clock with a sniff before letting me sit flat on my back. I closed my tired eyelids again before taking a deep breath as I felt sleep taking a new turn on me. Even before I knew it, I was once again plunged into a deep, restless sleep.

The next time I woke up my alarm clock was showing a completely different time making me instantly leap into my bed in realization.

I hurriedly threw my blankets out of me before I went straight to my dressing room coughing and sniffing more times than I could even count. I used the little strength I had to rummage through my dirty linen basket, not even caring about what I was choosing in the first place before I dressed in a hurry.

I immediately returned to my room giving a quick glance through my mirror for good measure even though I already knew that I would look like shit and I was not surprised to see that I was right.

I immediately grabbed a cap that I had stolen from Ansel before donning it in the hope of partially hiding my face. I grabbed my green down jacket to avoid raising my poor choice of clothes before putting on a pair of sneakers.

This was probably the first time I would go to high school without makeup or even with a thought in my clothing style.

This day was definitely going to be a real carnage. And as if that was not enough, I realized only when I was about to enter our elevator that I probably missed the most important thing. In other words, my bag.

I immediately shook my head cursing myself already knowing that I was going to be late before running into our suite like a fury to get my backpack.