76

Tirsdag 5:55

I woke up strangely in a good mood this morning. I had to admit that it had not happened to me for a long time and I already knew the reason for my smile.

I knew this could sound silly and aggressively cliché but I felt like a cloud after our date. I had to admit that Chris was more than surprised. I did not expect it at all and honestly that was even better.

He obviously kept the secret until the end and even though it had greatly annoyed me on the long drive, I did not regret a single second at the end.

We had driven all the way to Bergen before stopping in front of a carnival and so much to say that my eyes had just shined at the sight of lights and attractions. I knew it could sound low but this place had a bigger meaning for me than Chris could even imagine.

The last time I had been in a fair had been with my father so much to say that he had already won his bet without making any effort.

After that, it had been impossible to keep up my excitement and my eagerness as I kept looking around like a child.

I thought Chris was really surprised to see me that way, but I guess it was time I showed him my other personality.

Like my innate sense of shooting. I had reduced the brown boiled to the rifle game and I had greatly enjoyed breaking the stereotype of the boy impressing the girl with the teddy bear.

It turned out that it had been the other way around and even though Chris had initially made a little adjustment about his ego, he had finally agreed to take the huge lion I had won. Mainly because I had added the fact that we would now have a shared custody which meant more date.

But my favorite moment had probably been the episode of cotton candy. Chris and I had waited behind the long queue until a little boy had passed by us alongside his mom.

The latter had so politely asked his mother to have a treat that he had almost reduced me to marshmallow.

Unfortunately, the sight had been almost heartbreaking when his mother had looked into his bag simply to tell him that they had already spent all their budgets in the games.

However, what had probably touched me most was the way the little boy had finally accepted with a sulky but sympathetic face. That had probably been what had to pull on my last string of tenderness.

Chris had seemed unaware of the scene unlike me so it was with surprise that he had watched me take the cotton candy that was meant to me before calling suddenly after the woman and the little boy.

I asked how his name was by giving a reassuring smile to his mother so she did not think about my intervention. His name was Denys, and he had been so proud to tell me that he had been seven the same day.

Then he had proved to me that the charm was definitely inscribed in the genes from a very young age as he had asked me if I was a princess before literally asking me in marriage.

What had probably most surprised me was when Chris finally joined me with a charming smile on his lips as he squeezed me into his side giving a wink to the little boy.

That reminded me of my main idea and without a second thought, I had given my cotton candy to Denys eliciting glances at the blond little boy, his mother and even Chris.

Denys had at once given a hesitant glance to his mother, just as the latter shook her head visibly incapable of going against my obstinacy.

Then she turned to Chris and told him how lucky he was to have such a beautiful and loving girlfriend. And the best part of all this was that he simply replied that he already knew it.