Chapter Nine

*Macy's POV*

It is now Monday and my first class i'm attending to is English. I still haven't work on a project Jason and i should do. That kid obviously doesn't want to cooperate so i'mma do it on my own. I still have 20 minutes to think of invention of technology before the class start.

I sat down on the root of a big tree that was a few meters away from the back school, it's a quiet place and i can think easily. I tapped my pen on my binder, thinking of what i could write.

If i'm an inventor, what will i create? Something that has to do with my habits, or based on stuff i like.

What do i love to do? Eat? Yeah, i think i should create a food machine. I chuckle at my own thought before writing it down on my binder. This is possible to build, right?

I wrote down the name of my machine and explains how it works. This would be a big machine, you'll just have to slip your money into a hole and punch in the screen what food you desire to eat and the machine will start to make a food inside then once it's done, it will drop out of the container ready to eat. See, it's that simple.

This only took me ten minutes to be done, and i finally wrote my name above the paper before putting it inside my backpack. I sighed, and leaned my back on the big tree and closed my eyes, enjoying the silence and the wind blows, flowing through my hair.

I sat there in silence for a few minutes, when i suddenly hear someone clearing their throat. I didn't bother to open my eyes, i just greet them.

"Shh, quiet Markis. I'm enjoying the peace of silence" i said and i heard him huffed. I flew my eyes open, surprised to see Jason looking down at me, arms crossed on his chest. I inwardly rolled my eyes. Is this dude for real? He just ranted at me to stay away from him last week and here he comes up to me again.

"What are you doing here? You told me to leave you alone and i did, but here you are walking up to me." I snapped, rolling my eyes "why?" I added, an annoyed tone lace on my voice.

He licked his lips before speaking "i need to be part of this project" he croaked out. I narrowed my eyes at him before saying "sorry, i already work on it. And don't think i'd give you credits when you didn't even helped" i faked smiled at him, as i stood up dusting my pants off.

"I didn't even know you were doing it, you should have called me" he snapped back, my eyes widened slighlty for a split second before squinting it on him. i shake my head.

"After what you said to me? You think i'm gonna call you?" I asked him in slight disbelief. He stayed silent, pursing his lips as he let his arms fell down on his side.

"Look, i need to have a higher grades. Just put my name on it and i'll leave you alone" he breathed out, almost sounded sad. I only shook my head.

"I don't want you to leave me alone" i said in all honesty, he clenched his jaw, running his hands through his blonde hair, he opened his mouth but i cut him off, knowing he'll just tell me again we can't hang out together.

"Shh shh, stop talking, i'll write your name down." I shush him, taking out my binder and wrote down his name below mine then showing it to him. He pursed his lip, nodding his head to me.

I put my binder inside my bag when i hear him speak "Macy.." He trailed off, i looked at him singalling for him to continue. He opened his mouth "I'm-" a loud bell rang throughout the school cutting him off.

"Well, see ya around there. I guess.." I trailed off, before jogging towards the school leaving him behind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------