Chapter Twenty-Seven

*Jason's POV*

"Favorite ice cream?" She asked as we played 20 random questions.

"Cotton candy, you?"

"Everything" she simply said, looking down on her nails.

"Of course" i playfully rolled my eyes.

"Hmm, virgin?" She asked nonchalantly. I smirked at her question

"Of course not, you?" I raised an eyebrow at her, i know she is. I'm her first boyfriend and kiss, basically i will be her first time too.

"Of course not" she said monotonely. My face fell serious, i shoot daggers on her direction.

"Are you for real?" I said lowly through my greeted teeth.

"Yah, i got laid few years ago. Big mistake" she sighed, frowning slightly.

"Oh yeah? Well you won't mind me checking now, would you?" I said before lifting her body up and layed her on the kitchen counter. I was about to slide her shorts off her when she started to flailed her arms on me.

"Jeez, Jason i'm kidding!" She exclaimed,

"Pftt"" i scoffed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Hey, i still got questions you know" she said, sitting criss-cross on the counter. I sat on the stool in front of her, resting my hands on her knees.

"Spill"

"Why did you joined the gang?" Her question catch me off guard a little, i thought she's still on our little random question game.

"Simple, i needed money" i half-lied.

"Why not take a legal job instead of that?"

"I was too young to be on the job that time, no one would have accept me. Plus, working in a gang earns me much a lot more money than a normal job would" i shrugged, as i suddenly had an interest on staring at her bare smooth legs.

"Do you think killing innocent people is right just to earn money?" I looked up to her face, she held no emotion but i knew she hated what i did in the past.

"Of course not, but i wasn't killing innocent people. More like our rival enemies and people owes us money but didn't pay us back on a right time. They knew what was coming on their way if they didn't" i said, tapping my finger on her thigh lightly as i leaned my cheek against her knee.

"It's still killing people tho, innocent or not" she muttered, "Why did you want me to live here with you?"

I shifted on my seat and looked over at my side, i scratch the back of my head "i really want to be with you" i said, nervously clearing my throat.

"What else?" She pressed, knowing that was not all the reason.

"I need to protect you, from my ex gang who was after me and now after you. They'll do whatever they can and use you as a bait to get to me. I know that because i know how my ex boss mind's work. That's why i can't leave you there at your home, even though your family would be there. They can just barge in at your house without a care amd take you. But you don't have to worry, i will be protecting you no matter what, okay?" I assured her, looking straight into her eyes.