Chapter Eleven

*Macy's POV*

Friday afternoon, Markis invited me to come over at his place since he felt lonely because his parents went into a little vacation to celebrate their anniversary. I agreed since i didn't really want to lock myself in my room, watching movies. Doing those stuff kinda sucks sometimes and it feels much better if you just hang outside with your friends than stay indoor doing nothing but glued your eyes to your phone or computer screen.

"So, what do you wanna do?" He asked, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth as we sat in his kitchen counter.

"I don't know, eat all day?" I suggested, eating a tablespoon of cottoncandy ice cream. I cringe my face when the ice cream hits my upper teeth causing a painful sensitivity. I couldn't bite freezing cold food such as this because i have a sensitive teeth, so whenever i eat ice cream, i just sucked on them til it melt and swallow it.

"Don't get me wrong, i enjoy eating buckets of food but eating all day is not my plan of doing today, fatass" he said, mumbling the last word but i heard it clearly. Instead of getting offended by his words, i just laugh.

"It was just a suggestion, and i recall you asking me what to do"

"Well other than that?"

"I have no idea" i finish the cup of ice cream, throwing the container in the garbage can from the afar.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He suggests.

I scrunch my face "my vision is getting blurry from watching movies too much"

"Well, i don't know what the hell to think anymore. I'm just gonna go watch some news or something. Do whatever you want to do" he said before walking out of the kitchen to their living room.

I jumped down from the counter, opening the fridge that is full of heavens. My eyes widened, looking for something to eat. I saw a box of pizza below and i grab it and putting it in the oven.

I flopped down on the soft couch next to Markis, i put the box of pizza in the table and took a slice.

"The missing girl Melanie Gomez, 17 years old was found in the lake of Enburg, dead. The police believe that who killed the girl was the same suspect who killed 14 teenage girls and 6 teenage boys that were found in the same place" i heard the reporter says on the t.v catching my attention.

"The suspect left no trace, making it difficult for the police to find the suspect. Please, make sure that you locked all your doors and windows and don't come out at past 9 pm. The suspect is still out there but the police are doing their best to catch them. Back to you Lloyd..."

"Oh badness, there's a killer out here?" I said in utter shock and fear.

"You didn't know? This is always on the news" Markis said, rasing an eyebrow at me.

"I never watch news or anything. I'm more into my phone and laptop" i said. My mom never allows me to watch on their t.v and sit on their living room, which i don't mind.

"How come?" He asked, should i tell him the truth? I mean he's my bestfriend but what if he looked at me in different ways if i tell him?

"I don't know, there's nothing much to watch there anyways" i shrugged, lying smoothly. He just nodded, swinging his arm over my shoulders.