Chapter Nineteen

*Macy's POV*

"I stay up too late! Got nothing in my brain" the music on my headphones play as i make myself a vegetable salad and pasta just for myself and for myself only because i'm craving. Mother nature decided to say 'hi'

"That's what people sa-ay, hmm-hmm. That's what people sa-ay, hmm-hmm" i sang along, mixing the mayonnaise and lettuce together in the bowl.

"I go onto many dates, but i can't make them stay" i sang and spin around to put the bowl in the counter. I jump suddenly when i saw Austin (my dad) was standing there, with an eyebrow raised and a small smile on his lips.

I pulled down my headphones, looking at him confused on why is he here on the kitchen with me.

He cleared his throat when i gave him a blank stare "me, your mother and brothers are go-"

"She's not my mother, and they are not my brother" i said monotonously, keeping a blank bored look on my face.

He looked at me with a slightly opened mouth, before shaking his head lightly continuing to talk. "We're going to vacation for 2 weeks, giving your brothers a break from school since they're birthday is in coming next week, and i would love for you to join" he pursed his lips, waiting for me to answer. Is he alright? Why would i want to go with them?

"No, i'll stay here. I don't want to be with any of you guys and so do ya'll" i said in boredom.

"Macy this is a family bonding and you have to go with us" he insist, i rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah a family bonding right? So why do i have to go with you? I'm not part of your family anymore Austin, you know that. Plus, they don't want me to be there with you guys, i'll just ruin your trip. You go enjoy, i'm perfectly fine here alone" i said, truthfully.

He sighed,before nodding his head in defeat. He knows i'm going to say no. He just wasted his time and saliva on me. He pull out his wallet, before slamming a few bucks in the counter.

"There, we'll be gone for two weeks. I'm giving you money so you can buy any food you want while we're gone. Do you think that's enough?" He asked.

I only shrug, adding a mayonnaise on the salad i was making. He pulled out another few bucks and putting it in the counter.

"There, i think that's enough. We're leaving" he said, pushing his wallet back in his pocket. I can feel him stare at me, i didn't looked up as i focus on the food.

He suddenly walked towards me, giving my head a loving father kiss. I froze in my place. What did he just do?

"We'll be back soon, take care. I love you" he said softly, rubbing my head lightly before he walked out the room. I shook my head. Lies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finished the salad and pasta i was making and decided to share it with my bestfriend since he deserve my apologies, even though this is risky. He explained to me why he did what he did yesterday and i should understand that, but it's just hard because i just watched him digustingly murdered a guy. I's not something that is easy to understand.

I pushed all my fear away and knocked on the door a few times. There's no answer. I stood there silently, holding the bag of food i brought. I didn't hear anything, except the sound of wind. It was early in the morning, so he's probably still sleeping.