Chapter Thirty-One

*Macy's POV*

I woke up from my sleep and went straight to the bathroom that was connected to Jason's and my room. I yawned as i make my way there, i brush my teeth and washed my face feeling a bit freshen up. I walked out of the room and into the hallway, hearing a few sound of talking.

I slow down my pace, listening to whoever was talking coming from downstairs. I heard a manly but faint voice. I walked down the stairs to check who it was. I followd where the talking was coming from and it lead me to the living room.

I stop and stood there looking around the room, filled with muscular buffy big men and young men. I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing who this strangers are.

I slowly walked backwards, not wanting to interrupt them in their small meeting and went to look for Jason. I found him in the kitchen, sitting on the stool with his eyes and hands on his phone.

"So um.." I started, catching his attention.

"There are big guys in the living room" i said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Hey" he just said, his eyes not leaving on his phone screen.

"Who are they?"

"Friends" he simply said.

"You have no friends" i said without a second thought, but immediately regretted it. I didn't mean to offend him or anything... It's true though..

Now his eyes moved from his phone to me, and the look he gives me is enough to kill me from his death glare, but i didn't apologize.

"I may have no friends but i got some people who do shit for me" he snapped, rolling his eyes then looked down to his phone again.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting on the stool next to him.

"None ya' business"

I sighed. It's really hard to get him talk out about his stuff. But he needs to trust me that whatever he is doing, i'd still accept him for who he is.

"Tell me" i nagged.

"Can you shut up?" He give me an annoyed look.

"I will if you tell me what is going on. Who are they, Jason?"

"My friends okay?!" His raised his voice a little.

"You said, you may have no friends, but you got people who works for you"

"They don't work for me, they just do stuff for me"

"Is there a difference?" I chuckled

"Yes, now shut up" he groaned

"Who are they?" I repeated

"Macy. I'm fucking warning you. Stop. Talking" by the tone of his voice, i can tell he's really getting pissed.

"If you want me to stop, then just tell me who they are, what is happening? It's that simple. Why can't you just tell me?" I raised my voice because i'm getted pissed too.

"Because you don't need to know, you don't have to be involved in my business, i want you to stay out of it."

"I'm your girlfriend, i ha-"

"Not because you're my girlfriend doesn't mean you have to know every shit i do, you're not my mother or wife either, so stay out of my business" he snapped.

Okay, Why did that hurt me?

I pursed my lip, and nodded my head. "Okay, sorry" i said, my voice almost crack as i try not to fill my eyes up with tears. I don't want him to think i'm a crybaby but his words really did hurt me. I stood up from the stool because i don't think i can stay here in the same room with him without shedding a tear.

"I'll be up in my room if you need me" i said before leaving the kitchen. Instead of locking myself in the room, i went outside on the balcony and enjoyed the fresh air and watched the beautiful view in front of me.

"You're not my mother or wife either, so stay out of my business" that words came back to my mind, making me groan and lean my head down on my arms. Those words hurted me and i don't know why, but it's true. But it really upset me that he couldn't share his secrets or personal stuff with me like i do to him.

Maybe i shouldn't really ask him something personal, but i was only asking if who those buffy guys are, it's not like it's something to hide. Unless it's something serious.

Lol sorry guys, i've been gone for waaayy too long and i published a boring short chapter (sorry, don't hate me) i've been busy so.... Happy New Year and Merry Christmas by the way. Wish u all have blessed coming year ❤️😘😍

And follow my art account on Instagram lol (@sketchyaf.art) yes, i draw too.