CHP. 11 "They're safe?"

Kain's P.O.V

I grabbed Haven as she started to freak out. I wasn't fully into stopping her though, I was still looking at the image. My son trying to pull the sword out of his gut. I winced as he fell. Suddenly though he hit something. I hope someone caught him. His vision was fading, the last thing we saw was a girls face, she looked about the same age. She looked extremely worried. I glanced back to Haven. I said "Our son is safe okay...He is safe." she still struggled not sermon to hear me. I looked at Aradace and she nodded grabbing haven and flying out. I looked back at the image which was black still. I hoped that his eyes would open again. I sunk back in my chair. Briggen came over to comfort me, he blew hit air onto my neck and rubbed his head against my back. He whispered a few words like he knew he would wake up again. I nodding hoping that he was right. Suddenly on the screen there was a flucker and we could now see through tiny slits. I knew he had his eyes cracked open. We could see three people standing over him, they must be sky people because of their hair and eyes. They waved their hands over him and after a few long moments the wound was closed. I almost jumped for joy. I sighed and said to briggen, go and bring Haven and Aradace back. He nodded and after a few seconds haven ran back in followed by two dragons. I stood and she leapt into my arms. I smiled and strokes her soft curls. She sighed and we both watched the screen. We were not prepared for what we see. Abelard is flying towards Raine but it doesn't look like rains at all. She is glowing. No pulsing gold. It's so strong we can feel it. I gasped as she looked towards us. Her eyes were so bright. They were glowing too, we noticed at the same time that Faaris was growing. She was huge now. I hawked at who they faced. It looked just like Mabuz. It must be his...his son. I stared wide eyes and I looked to Haven. She was starting at me with the same expression. I turned back to see Raine hold out her hand for Abelard. It was like fire on paper. Her glow spread quickly onto Abelard. He ignited with the glow, the pulse. Though it was different. His glow was darker. I could see Arian growing too. They squared up against Mabuz's son, he grew angry after a minute but I could see fear creep into his features. He was scared of them. I smiled as they started to fight. They matched each other move for move before Mabuz's son backed up and mouthed retreat. I sighed with relief. I gathered up haven in my arms and laughed. She laughed too as we celebrated their victory. They all landed and powered down. They looked normal now, and we could see all the blood. It covered Raine, hands were waving and then we saw Raine fall, I wanted to burst through the image and catch her myself but I stopped as she was caught by a man, he seemed to be a little older than us. He looked strong as he kneeled on the ground holding Raine. He looked up and spoke a few words and then picked her up. He put his fingers to his lips and did  what I think was a whistle. A few seconds later a gigantic sky dragon flew over. It was bigger than the guardian dragon. I watched as the man carried Raine onto the dragon and flew off. Abelard followed along with Faaris. They flew to a good sized house and landed. The man took Raine inside and Abelard turned to Faaris and Arian and said something to them before following the man inside. It was Dom inside but they walked all the way through to a small room that had a bed a small chair and a bedside table. He set Raine down and walked out going to most likely get first aid. Me and Haven Sat back down at the same time and huffed. This was going to be a long hard night. I watched as The man came back with a few boxes. He started to open them and get supplies out. He looked to Abelard who nodded his head scratching the back of his head awkwardly. I realized what the man would have to do. He pulled up her clothes exposing her skin. He started to clean her and expose the many cuts and bruises. He pulled up her shirt until it reached her chest area and We saw a big gash. He went to work there too. He then looked at Abelard probably for permission to do something about her pants. I was proved correct when he pulled her armor and pants off. We all have a collective sigh of relief when there were shorts on underneath. I almost laughed. He speed cream into the talon cuts and then wrapped her leg in a type of cloth. He moved to her head that had a few gashes. I winced as He started working. Once he was done he set things aside but he shot toward Abelard helping him sit. He was saying something and then he looked down at something below his neck. He raised his shirt and revealed a hash that was oozing blood. He lifted his arm that was  the tendons couldn't heal all the way. The man said a few more words and then he put the fort stitch in. I saw Abelard tense and suspected he was holding back a scream. I held back tears as he put in 6 more stitches. I held onto haven tightly as she cried for our children who we could not be with. I watched as they both looked back over to Raine who was waking up. She mumbled something a the man left and came back a second later with a cup of water. She said something else and The man's features hardened. He started to say something. I realized he was explaining something. I made out a few words. My wife, never, back, daughter. I made out another phrase. You, and never be a burden. I realized he was explaining to Raine that she was not a burden and he had told her a story of his wife and daughter. Something bad I think happened to them and he couldn't do anything and they never came back. This was terrible. I felt a test leak down my face as I watched Rained features turn from solemn to heartbroken. My own heart went out to the man. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Raine Abelard or haven or my dragon for that matter. I sighed and focused again. They talked a little bit more before the man left. Abelard said a few more things before his vision slowly faded into black. I didn't know what to do with myself once the image faded and Metin stopped. I couldn't really do anything. Briggen turned to Aradace and said "They... They were so powerful, our little dragonets are powerful. Did you see how Faaris grew? I felt the power from here..." Aradace responded softly she said "I did...What does this mean though?" I shook my was and when I felt A hand grip my arm I gulped. We turned to Haven who had a look of pure hatred. Her next words were calm but vibrated with fury, "That was Mabuz's son... He is fighting with our children. We have no idea where they are... I cannot believe I am so powerless when at one point I thought I was so powerful." I hugged Haven to my chest and said "You are still powerful... Remember? You can talk to any dragon you want to, who said anything about distance?"

Havens P.O.V

Distance? Distance doesn't matter? I searched my mind, I went deep inside it and found a small link, it so so faint I had trouble gripping it. It seemed like an eternity before I could get it. When I did and opened the link I felt a many links all at once I screamed and closed it. I looked at Kain and said ,I've never...I've never felt so many dragons in one place it has to be them. I yawned and tried to get the link again but Kain shook his head and said "My love, you need to get sleep, we need to eat and you need to try in the morning. I promise I'll wake you up." I looked at him and contemplated doin it anyway but I finally just nodded and held out my hands. Kain smiled and picked me up bridal style to take us to our room. I laughed as he started I tickle me and when We got to our room he threw me on the bed and after he rang a bell he jumped on me and started to tickle me. I laughed and screamed and told him to stop but he tickled harder. I was now laughing so hard tears started to fall. He kissed one year and then kissed me gently before we heard a knock. I laughed and said "Food!" he laughed and got up as he walked over to the door I rolled off the bed and hid. He came back and was starting to say something when he stopped mid-sentence. He looked around and said "Haven? Where'd you go?" I held back a laugh and he came around to my side and set the tray of food down. Once he had done that I gripped his ankle and he flew into the air and fell down. I growled out from under the bed to see Kain laughing in a heap on the floor. I smiled and held out my hand. He smirked and grabbed my hand jerking me down. I landing on his lap and he kissed me. I smiled and said "thats what you get for tickling me. He smiled and flipped us over and said "Like this?" He tickled me a little bit more, enough to make me laugh. He stopped leaned down one more time to kiss me before getting up. He pulled me up and once again threw me on the bed. He climbed up and grabbed the tray of food which had White pasta with green vegetables around it. I smiled and we both took a plate and ate happily, knowing our kids were safe for now.

***

I woke up to sunlight. It was a great way to wake up and when I opened my eyes to see Aradace I smiled. I said "Good morning... Did you already go out to fly?" she shook her head and said "I woke up a few minutes again​ and I've already stretched. Do you want to go fly?" I sat up and looked to Kain. He was mumbling about me leaving but he rolled over and continued to sleep. I laughed softly before getting up. Aradace already had a black shirt for me and dark blue pants with my boots. I smiled at her and as I undressed I stopped every few seconds to scratch her behind her ears or horns. I pulled in my shirt and pants and as I pulled on my boots and pulled up my hair Aradace was getting excited. She said "We haven't flown in forever!" I sadly looked at Aradace and said "I know, I'm sorry I haven't been a good rider to you... We can start going flying in the mornings more before I go to watch our children. She nodded and happily nudged my chest saying "You have been worried. I have been too but you are still strong and they are too. We will all get through this together. Now let's go!" I laughed as I went over to the landing board, Aradace grew in size and she now stood at 19'6 I smiled and she crouched. I jumped up on her shoulders and say down grabbing the two horns on the back of her head. She took a step forward and jumped off the platform and as she opened her wings we shot forward, the wind whipped my hair around and I laughed loving the sensation of being in the sky again. We flew for a very long time before coming back home. We were windblown and laughing it was like out first fly together. We walked in after Aradace had shrunk and headed for the kitchen. I greeted the guards and they put a fist to their chests in salute but in their eyes they laughed and greeted me like friends. I smiled as they all had their dragons by their side guarding with them. Each guard had a schedule so they could fly their dragons and feed them. Their were three different  rounds of guards each day. I saw my father walking towards the kitchen too and I ran to catch up. Aradace flew to catch Polaris. I greeted my father and he smiled asking how I was and how my morning fly was. I told him about it and he said "Me and Polaris went very early this morning. Do you know what lunch is?" I shook my head and said "I don't know either but I heard Kain is helping the cook." I stared at my dad wide eyes and before I could ask my father said "It's your children's birthday today." tears welled up in my eyes and my father kissed my head before opening the kitchen doors for me. I saw Kain standing in front of the kitchen holding up pancakes. On them their was a heart that said "We love you Mom." I almost balled right then. He said Before the kids left they had told me what to do for their birthday. They wanted to have a big breakfast with pancakes and eggs and bacon for the dragon, they wanted you to have a pancake stack with this on it. I have the letter right here." Kain set the pancakes down and I hugged him. He rested his head on my head and we hugged for what seemed to be forever before we broke apart. I smiled and picked up the pancakes, I walked over to our seats at the table and as everyone sat down to eat I ate the pancakes my kids had wanted me to have on their birthday.
I wondered what they were doing now.