Never Be Like You

I did what Bálor told me to do and gave Mercedes and I a chance. A big chance considering I was sitting front row of a hockey game, with two teams who's names I didn't know, with Mercedes. She's achieved a lot since the last time I got to spend time with her like becoming the Raw Women's Champion for the second time. I honestly didn't care much for hockey but Mercedes loved it, this whole thing was actually her idea. I didn't have a problem going but I wasn't really paying attention during the whole thing. One of the teams scored, next thing you know Mercedes is jumping up and down along with everyone else. I clapped my hands together a few times and smiled as Mercedes hugged me.

"Is this how people feel when they watch us wrestle?" She asked.

"I guess so yeah." I said.

"Thank you again for taking me here, I needed this." She said.

"It's no problem babe." I said.

"Babe?" She asked.

"What I can't call me girl babe?" I asked.

"Oh by all means have at it." She said resting her head on my shoulder as we both turned are attention back to the game.

"Remind me again why you brought the title with you?" I asked.

"Because management would be mad if I didn't." She said.

"Oh I see." I said.

"You know because I'm the champ." She said holding her belt up smirking.

"I was too." I said.

"Oh really." She said.

"Yep for a whole 24 hours." I said laughing.

"But you were the first and no one can ever take that away from you Fergal." She said.

"If only it felt like that." I said.

"Hey you're still the champion to me." She said.

"Well that's all that matters." I said giving her a quick kiss.

One of the teams scored again and Mercedes jumped out of her seat again cheering the team that had scored. I looked over to the seat next to me and saw a kid sitting next to his dad. I smiled and looked back at the game and saw one of the players hit the puck. I watched it as it smashed through the protective shield and was heading right for the kid sitting next to me. I reached out to grab it but it was quickly caught by someone else, I looked over and saw that it was Bálor. He smirked and winked at me before vanishing leaving me just staring at nothing. I looked over and saw the protective shield was never broken and a puck never smashed through it.

"Helloooo Fergal." Mercedes said flicking my forehead.

"Ow ow what the hell?" I asked.

"I was talking to you." She said.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I asked.

"Are you ok Fergal?" She asked.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"Because you get this far away look in your eyes sometimes, like you're not there, like you're in some sort of trance or something." She said.

"I do? Well I've never noticed that, I guess I just start daydreaming sometimes." I lied obviously knowing she was talking about my encounters with Bálor.

"Really, daydreaming about what?" She asked.

"About you obviously." I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Bullshiiiitttt." Bálor said in my head.

"Fuck off leave me alone." I said.