I'll Be Holding On To You

"Rebecca...." I said as tears started forming in my eyes.

"I wish......we had.....more time....all the time in the world....." She said.

"Please....." I said.

"I love you Fergal.....I always will...." She said smiling before closing her eyes.

"Rebecca?......No no no....REBECCA?!....please....don't leave me.....I don't wanna be alone again.....oh god....oh I'm so sorry....this is my fault.....it's all my fault...." I said holding her close as the tears started pouring out of my eyes.

I sat up in my bed in a cold sweat breathing heavily. I hadn't had a nightmare like that in weeks, they always happened though. It was always the same dream, it always came from the night I lost her. I looked at my clock and saw that it was only 3:42 am. I felt a gentle hand touch my shoulder, I looked over and saw Leah.

"What's wrong babe?" She asked.

"Bad dream, you can go back to sleep." I said.

"What will you do?" She asked sitting up.

"I'm gonna go for a jog." I said.

"Then I'll go with you." She said.

"No please, you get some sleep." I said giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Ok, be safe." She said as I got up.

"Always." I said.

I got dressed and left the house and started jogging around the neighborhood. It was one of the hobbies I haven't got to do in a long time. There was something about a good jog that just helped clear your head. I knew I couldn't go back to sleep after something like that, I never could. I wasn't just jogging to no where, I knew exactly where I was heading once I left. I finally got to the lake that was just a mile from our house. I went over to the dock that went out into the water a bit. I stood there staring at my reflection in the water. I saw my reflection change and I saw Finn's reflection instead. I jumped a bit and turned around to see Finn standing there in his white suit.

"I thought I would never see you again?" I asked.

"I thought that too, that was until the nightmares started." He said.

"Why am I having them?" I asked.

"You suffered a traumatic experience that none of your friends could even begin to understand. You saw the love of your life die right in your arms." He said.

"She's not mine anymore." I said.

"Fergal, do you realize why you're having these dreams?" He asked.

"PTSD?" I asked.

"No, it's because of him Fergal. It's because of Bálor." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"He feeds off of your misery Fergal, he may act like he cares about your happiness but he only does that to gain your trust. Then just like that he breaks it and you're back at square one." He said snapping his fingers.

"I don't believe you." I said.

"Please Fergal try to understand, is it a coincidence that he never told you about Rebecca's untimely death? Or is it because he knew it would hurt you but not telling you?" He asked.

"Why are you telling me this now?" I asked.

"I can feel it Fergal, he's going to betray you. He's going to take control and take control forever." He said.

"How do I know what you're saying is true? This is only my second time ever speaking to you." I asked.

"Because Fergal, when it's all said and done....he's still a demon." He said before vanishing.