You're The Weak One

I was looking into the mirror brushing my teeth getting ready for my first day of school. I was going into the first grade which was a big deal to me. I was so nervous of how real school would be like in Ireland. My siblings went to the same school so at least I would have a few people to talk to. I went to spit my toothpaste out of mouth and rinse my mouth. When I looked back up at the mirror I saw someone standing behind me. I jumped and turned around to see no one there. I went into the hallway and saw someone standing at the end of it. It looked like a stranger but when I got closer to it I noticed it was a kid. He looked my age, he was dressed in all black and he looked just like me. I stepped closer to him and he stepped back. He looked frightened by me, I wasn't scared though, if anything I was curious.

"Don't be scared." I said reaching my hand out.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Fergal, what's yours?" I asked.

"I'm....I'm Bálor." He said calming down.

"Nice to meet you Bálor." I said.

".......Nice to meet you too" He said shaking my hand.

"What are you doing in my house?" I asked.

"I don't know, one minute I was somewhere else and the next I'm here." He said.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

"Hell." He said.

"Oh....my mom says Hell is where bad people go. Are you bad?" I asked.

"No....are you?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Do you have any friends?" He asked.

"No I haven't started school yet." I said.

"Can I be your friend?" He asked.

"You want to be my friend?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Ok but you have to promise to be my friend forever." I said.

"Ok I will." He said.

"Pinkie swear?" I asked holding out my pinkie.

"Pinkie swear." He said wrapping his pinkie around mine.

10 Years Later

I was at my first highschool party and I found myself hanging out with this girl I just met named Vanessa. I didn't know much about her other than she was in the same grade that I was in and that she wanted to be nurse when she grew up. In the middle of the conversation I looked over and saw Bálor standing on the other side of the room watching me. He beckoned me over to him which meant it must've been important. I excused myself and went over to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Who's that?" He asked pointing to Vanessa.

"Her name's Vanessa, why?" I asked.

"Do you know who her boyfriend is?" He asked.

"She's single." I said.

"That's what she tells you." He said.

"Fergal what's wrong?" Vanessa asked walking over to me.

"Nothing I'm just...I need some air." I said walking out front.

"Hey are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said seeing a car pulling up on to the front lawn.