The One's We Left Behind

It's been two months since Pam and Mercedes found out I was cheating and I haven't seen either one of them since. I went back to Florida to finish rehabing my shoulder and now i'm in the process of training for my return. It was late so I was in the hotel gym training at one of the weight racks doing some bench presses, trying to tire myself out. After I finished my set I sat up and saw Rebecca walk in.

"Hey Fergal" She said walking over to me.

"Hey, when did you get here?" I asked.

"Just got in on a late flight, I couldn't sleep." She said.

"That makes two of us." I said.

"I heard you were coming back. Nervous?" She asked stretching legs.

"Me? No, I'm only nervous about who I'll see coming back." I said.

"Ah you still haven't talked to them I see." She said grabbing a jump rope from the closet.

"No I've definitely tried to talk to them. It's them talking back that hasn't happened yet." I said.

"I mean I tried telling them to just understand your side but you know them." She said before she started jumping rope.

"I don't blame them. I messed up, I just wish I didn't have to lose them as friends." I said.

"It could be worse." She said stopping for a brief moment before resuming.

"Yeah, at least I have you." I said.

"You'll always have me Fergal." She said stopping.

"How are things at home?" I asked before laying back down on the bench.

"Well Allen asked me to move in with him." She said.

"Really?" I asked before lifting the barbell off the rack and starting to bench it.

"Yeah, he said it would make things easier between us." She said.

"Easier how?" I asked still benching the barbell.

"Well lately we've just been dealing with some issues." She said.

"Yeah like what?" I asked.

"Well.....you." She said.

"What?" I asked almost dropping the barbell on myself.

"Here let me help you." She said pulling the barbell off of me and back on to the rack.

"How am I an issue?" I asked sitting up.

"Well Allen doesn't like me spending this much time with you." She said.

"Well fuck him you're a grown woman you can hang out with who you want." I said.

"Yeah but are you forgetting what happened at the performance center?" Shd asked.

"No I haven't, how could I?" I asked.

"Yeah well if he found out about that it would ruin us. So Fergal as much as I love hanging out with you, I can't." She said.

"What? No Rebecca not you too, please I can't lose you too." I said standing up.

"Fergal don't make this harder than it has to be." She said.

"No this bullshit, I've known you for 15 years and you've known Allen for what? Six months?" I asked.

"Fergal please stop trying to make me feel guilty. Because I actually love Allen ok and you may not like him right now but he loves me too ok." She said with tears forming in her eyes.