Don't Go

She was so beautiful laying there dressed in a white with a vale over her face. I had been standing there looking at her for the past few hours. The funeral was wrapping up but I was probably gonna be the last one to leave. I just couldn't stop thinking of what I could've done to prevent this. I felt like I shouldve seen this coming, once I realized I had been in the same timeline since the beginning I should have done something. Bálor had lied to me, he made me believe I was in an alternate universe when in reality I was just in the future. When I told him to take me to a different one he just sent me back three years which was still the future. Even worse was that he sent me back to the week that Rebecca died. I felt someone grab my shoulder and I looked over to see Allen with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Hey brother." He said.

"Hey Allen." I said.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

"As good as I can right now." I said.

"I uhh...I know how much she meant to you.....she meant a lot to me too....I don't think I'll ever meet someone like her in my lifetime." He said.

"I appriciate you saying that.....she was everyone's friend." I said.

"I uhh....I brought flowers....Rebecca liked tulips right?" He asked.

"Yeah....how'd you know that?" I asked.

"I remember her saying it once, I guess I just never forgot." He said placing the flowers with the others.

"I wish we had more time together, her and I got seperated for so long.....I should've never left.....I went to go see the world....when my whole world was right in front of me the whole time." I said.

"Rebecca and I were together long enough for me to realize what a special girl she was.....she was certainly one of a kind....I just wish there was more I could've done." He said holding back tears that were forcing there way out.

"She's at peace right now.....it's the living that need your help right now Allen." I said looking over at Ashley who was crying in the corner.

"You're right Fergal....take care brother." He said giving me a hug before walking over to Ashley.

I watched him embrace Ashley as she cried on his shoulder. I guess this is what sparks their marriage in the future. I felt his presence out of no where, I turned around and saw him standing there with a rose in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"She was my friend too....she was the only who understood our connection Fergal." He said placing the rose on her chest.

"You lied to me. It took me a while but I figured it out, you never had the ability to jump between different universes. You only had the ability to control time, that's all this has ever been." I said.

"You're right." He said standing over Rebecca's body.

"Why lie?" I asked.

"You were alone Fergal.....I had to show you that things would get better...but I had to keep you in the dark so you didn't change anything." He said.

"Change? What the hell do you mean change?" I asked.

"What does it sound like? So you wouldn't change the timeline. I wanted you to see but I couldn't have you messing with things." He said.

"So are you telling me you can see the future?" I asked.

"See is a strong word, I get glimpses but nothing more." He said.

"Did you see this coming?" I asked.

"Fergal everything I did, I did to protect us." He said.

"Did you....or did you not see this coming?" I asked.