Neon Dreams

Always trials and tests

Falling in line with the rest

In all the black and white noise

All in time things will change

They say that and it's strange

Cuz nothing ever does

And the lights will fade to sounds in the skyline

And the silhouettes will drown in the twilight

Oceans away, under the waves there's more

Maybe someday we'll know what we're longing for

I've spent a good portion of my life looking out the window watching everyone else have fun. Shy and introverted are two words that don't even begin to cover how reclusive and awkward I am. What's funny is age is supposed to give you more confidence...it's been the opposite for me. As a kid, I was far more social and brave. Now, I'm afraid to wander outside of my apartment. Nothing bad happened to me, I've just become a benchwarmer in life. I'm no longer satisfied with sitting in the backseat. I want to take charge and do something great, but I have no idea what. I have virtually no connections, virtually no family here in LA, and a whole lot of nothing to inspire me as a result. I don't like the feeling of hopelessness, but it's become the only feeling I know lately. Maybe someday I'll change my mind. I'm still young, a lot can happen to me...I just hope it does soon, I feel like I'm dying inside. I watch all these yuppies and celebrities, and I wish I could be like them...just for a day even. That's saying something, because I've never envied anyone before...maybe I won't have to envy prominent people for much longer. Something is coming on the horizon.