Chapter Thirteen

Before Jack left, he told me that Masky was stopping by tomorrow.

  Alice and I waited for the sky to darken before getting ready. We changed into our usual. Mine being my white hoodie, black dress pants, and black sneakers. Alice puts on a black hoodie, grey skinny jeans, a studded belt, and a pair of black and purple converse. She always makes herself presentable.

  We set out, but were interrupted by Slenderman. What does he want? "Yes, Slender?" I'm always annoyed by him.

  "Be grateful I'm here, Jeff," he scolded, "Alice could be in danger." Alice looked at me with worry.

  "Why?" I asked - also worried.

  "Jane."

  "I knew it," I scowled, "What does she want?"

  "She somehow found out Alice is dear to you."

  "God damn it!" I yelled. I kicked a fallen branch on the ground. It broke in half. This always happens to the people I get close to. "Not this time. Nope! Not again!" I hollored, thinking out loud. Alice put a hand around my right arm.

  "Do not fail, Jeff - for your sake." He then disappeared. I fell to my knees and clutched my charred hair.

  "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!" I screamed and tugged at my hair. Alice watched in fright and sadness. I unclenched my hair and let myself fall to all fours.

  "Jeff," she knelt beside me, "it's gunna be okay. I'm gunna be okay." She forced a smile upon her lips to reassure me.

  "I-I'm so sorry, Alice," I felt tears well up in my eyes, "I-I didn't mean to.."

  "It's alright, Jeff," she said putting a hand on my back, "Get up. We're going home so you can rest."

  "Okay.." I said, obeying her. I stood up and instantly hugged me. I burried my face in her soft, purple hair.

  "Jeff," she hesitated, "Who.. is Jane?"

  Shit. "Well..," I began, "one day when I went out killing, I overlooked her room. She sold her soul, or something, and now she's some kind of indestructable demon. I've personally 'killed' her but she always comes back unharmed." I let Alice proccess what I'd just said.

  "Why does she want me?"

  "Because I.. care ..about you."

  "Jeff," she said, "shut up." She hugged me again.

  "You like hugs, don't you?" I asked

  "Yep," she replied, "let's go home."

  "Thanks, Alice."