Chapter Ten

Back at my place, Alice is the first to shower. She said she doesn't like the feeling of dried blood. Plus, she's a girl.

  One day, while Alice was about to get undressed, I jumped in and yelled "BOO!" Well, it turns out she was already naked and about to get in. I hadn't heard the water and ended up with a small lump on my head - she threw a shampoo bottle at me.

  She doesn't forget to lock the door anymore

~···~

  Masky and I waited for Alice to get out. "Masky?"

  "Hm?"

  "Do you like Alice?"

  "Why do you wanna know?"

  "It seems like you do."

  "Nah. I only think of her as a friend, but what about you Jeff?" he teased.

  "I dont have time to like people or have feelings for them." Lies

  "Okay."

~···~

  After we all cleaned up, we had a little to eat.

  "We should go for a walk." suggested Alice.

  "Sure." I said.

  "I'm gunna go. I have things to do." said Masky.

  "Bye." Alice said. Masky leaves and casually walks in the direction of a town. Alice started slightly twitching. Something else about her looks different - whatever, that can wait.

  I walked over to Aluce and wrapped my arms around her. She lifted her head and looked at me. Her eyes were wet but she was giving me a crazed look.

  "C'mon. We're going. Do you have your knife?" She nodded. I took her hand and pulled her out the door.

  We walked quickly through the forest and stopped as we came to the edge. As far as I could see, there was no one about. We crept into the darkness and avoided the street lights. I selected a house that was at the end of the street, away from everything.

  Alice watched my proccessof breaking in. I carefully displaced the screen of an unlocked window.

  "Put these on or people will know you're alive." I handed her a pair of thin, leather gloves.

  "I want people to know I'm alive. I want them to fear me."

  "I guess Slender could take care of it if they searched the woods." We crawled through the window. Alice took the downstairs while I went upstairs. Neither of us made a sound. Alice crept up to me and said there wasn't anyone on the bottom floor.

  "There's a mom and a boy up here," I whispered, "Let's take the kid first." We silently went into the sleeping teenager's room. "His name is Tony."

  "Hey Tony," Alice said sweetly, "time to witness your own death."  He opened his eyes and didn't even move. I gave him a smile and covered his bleeding mouth. He's whimpering. How pathetic. I jumped on top of him and yelled, "Go TO SLEEP!" I stabbed him in the chest numerous times, but kept him alive.

  "Alice - his mother." I ordered. She nodded and smiled. Tony looked at me with sorrow and pain. "...mo..om...." He moaned, clutched his chest, and "went to sleep."

  I followed Alice into the mother's room. Alice woke her up by stabbing her just above the waist. Alice dragged the inserted knife up to the woman's sternum. Guts and blood spilled out in all ditections. I stabbed her repeatedly in the chest. I wrote "GO TO SLEEP" in the woman's blood above her bed. We fled the scene.

~···~

  On our way back, Alice stumbled upon a stray little boy. "What are you doing out this late?" asked Alice with a smirk.

  "My mommy says I shouldn't talk to strangers but I like your costumes. Where are you going?" Ugh. Shut up.

  "You look tired. I think you should Go TO SLEEP!" I lunged at the boy and slit his throat. I carved him a smile and he died within moments.

  "Didn't even scream," Alice said, "Stupid kid."

  "He was gunna grow up to be like all the rest." I scowled. Alice grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug. To my surprise, I hugged back.

  "I don't know what you've gone through, but I'm sorry." She squeezed me.

  "I'm sorry, too." We heard sirens and bolted into the trees. It took us a while but we made it home. I walked paced around and caught my breath.

  Alice collapsed to the floor.