Chapter 21

It's early (for us) and the air is crisp and cold. Last night, Alice and I fell asleep on the floor. Since I woke up before her, I carried her bridal-style into her room. Our clothes, hair, and skin was stained with blood. I wait a little while before getting into the shower. I got out and dried off, then I put on dark blue sweats and a black v-neck.

  I didn't wake Alice because she was sleeping so soundly. I sat down on the bed next to her. She woke up as I did so. "Happy Birthday." I whispered.

  She gazed up at me before replying, "Good morning, Jeff." she said with a soft, raspy voice. I leant down, and let our lips meet.

  I pulled away, but not without smiling. "Get in the shower," I said kindly, "We have plans, remember?" She smiled and got ready. She wore black skinnies, purple and black converse, and a dark grey hoodie, with her pocket knife inside. I figured Alice would want me to dress normal, so I changed into black sweats, black shoes, and my white hoodie.

  "Where do you wanna go?" I asked.

  "Let's go shopping." she suggested.

  "Sure. Just tell me where we're getting the money." I barked sarcastically.

  "Who said we were buying?" she retorted, "I saw a family pack for vacation."

  "Well, since you're ready, should we go now?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed her empty bag. We headed to a familiar town, arriving at a one-story, brown house.

  We sneak around to the back door - it's open. Idiots..

  "Stay safe, kid." I whisper to her. She nods and pulls out her pocket knife, switching the blade open. She holds it exactly how I showed her. Smart.

  Alice and I walk into the kitchen. She goes through a few cupboards and pulls out two cans of cheddar-cheese chips. I smile and shake my head. Alice hugs the cans and puts them in her bag.

  "There's a boy who lives here. He looks your size." she says quietly. I nod and she leads me into a room. It's full of average-teenage-boy crap. Bleh..

  "Here, this will all fit you perfect." she says. Alice hands me a stack of clothes. In it, is two pairs of black jeans, a white hoodie, a black hoodie, a few muscle-tees, and a couple pairs of socks. Wow.. I stuff it all into Alice's bag. She sits on the boy's bed. I look at her questioningly.

  "They have unsecure wifi. I want more music."

  "Well, hurry." I bark. She throws a pillow at me.

  "Shut up and wait." she orders. I do so. Why do I obey her like this? I would've killed any other girl long before now. Somehow... I don't wanna kill her..

  "Okay. Let's go." she says. I must've been thinking for a while.

  "We still have to- hey look! There's a wad of cash under his pillow!" Alice exclaims.

  "How much?" I ask.

  She double-counts. "About 80 dollars! He must've been saving up for something. Haha.. too bad." she said cheerfully. We left.

  When Alice and I got home, she put the money in a hidden part of her bag. I start unpacking the clothes. When Alice spots the chips at the bottom, she puts them under her bed.

  "Mine." she warns. I put my hands up in surrender. Alice's face cracks into a smile.

  "Let's go to the park," she suggested, "It's not that late."

  "Well," I hesitated, "I don't like being around people unless I'm killing them."

  "We can wear our hoods. Besides, you have me." she beamed.

  This made me blush. How does she manage to do this to me? I.. I'm not supposed to feel anything. I shouldn't. I never have since that day...

  Alice took my hand and we walked out the door.

///The road so far -(SPN REFERANCE) has been pretty anti-climatic. I'm sorry. There will be some more excitement soon.

I Love You, My Lovelies!!\\\