Chapter Sixteen

Masky and Hoodie came over right before the movie finished. They waited in the kitchen. When it was done, we all went to Hoodie's place. His house is also a shack, but is larger and has electricity.

~···~

  "Want one?" Hoodie asked me as he gestured towards a tattoo set-up. I shook my head. It probably wouldn't work on my skin anyways.

  "You?" Hoodie asked Alice.

  "Yeah!" she said excitedly.

  "Sweet. What do you want and where do you want it?"

  "Hold on." Alice pulled out her phone and started scrolling. She held up her phone so Hoodie could see what she wanted.

  "Nice." he said. He started drawing the image on some different type of paper. He finished prepping and dipped the needles in some black ink. Alice smiled when she heard the buzzing. The tattoo was on her right shoulder.

  Hoodie finished and Alice showed us. It was a backwards 'E' inside a diamond shape. Masky and I smiled when we realized what it was. Eminem's Superman sign.

  "You like it?" Hoodie asked. We all nodded.

  "This was free, right?" I asked Hoodie.

  "Ofcoarse." he replied.

  "Hey, Hoodie," Masky said, "I'm gunna go hang out with these two."

  "Fine by me," Hoodie said, "I'll meet you at Ben's place later."

  "Kay."

~···~

  The walk back to my place was silent with a hint of awkward. Nobody said anything. Both Alice and Masky know that silence pisses me off. Alice must've remembered because she suddenly spoke. "So, what do you guys wanna do when we get home?" she asked.

  I said nothing. "I know what Jeff wants to do." he told Alice.

  "And what would that be?" I snapped.

  "Alice." he laughed. Alice joined the laughter and playfully pushed him. I clenched my fists. Alice saw and came up to me.

  "Jeff," she said clamly, "He was only joking." She put her hand around one one of my fists, I unclenched them. Alice still held on. It wasn't very long until we git to my place.

  "Masky, did you eat?" Alice asked. Masky nodded. "Kay. What should we do?" Masky and I both shrugged. "Ugh. You guys are boring." she teased.

  "Why don't we bring LJ over here?" Alice exclaimed.

  "No." Masky and I harmonized.

  "Well, damn. Why don't you guys like him?" asked Alice.

  "All he wants to do is get high with Ben, Hoodie, and Eyeless Jack." Masky said.

  "Oh." she said.

  "Yep." I replied. Alice turned on her music and we all sat on the couch in weird positions. I put my head on the arm and folded my legs, so I only took up two cushions. Masky sits updown like a little kid. Alice sits on my legs and starts doing things on her phone.

  I lowered my thin, singed eyelids and let my mind go blank.