Chapter 25

"I'm confused. How could Jane use your powers, or whatever?" Alice asked Hush.

  "Since we're pretty similar beings, she could preform a spell; depending on what she wants, there could be a few different outcomes." Hush explained. I began to get irritated.

  "So what are the outcomes?  Just get to the point." I hissed. Alice looked at me worriedly and Hush sighed.

  "Well," Hush began, "Jane could take me over and use me as a puppet."

  "That's not the worst, is it?" Alice asked.

  "Unfortunately, no. Another thing she could do is transfer my powers to herself. Even Slenderman would have a small struggle beating her." Hush continued. That scared me. Slender could take anyone.. Shit.

  "Even Slender? Damn. Hush, how do we stop her if she gets to you?" Alice asked. I knew she didn't want this to be happening - none of us did.

  "It takes the blood of the pure-" Hush was about to say. I cut her off.

  "That's too bad. We're just gunna have to get rid of you," I chuckled, "There's no one pure in this world." Both Alice and Hush glared at me.

  "What? I'm just being honest." I defended.

  "Ugh. C'mon, Jeff. This is serious." Alice scolded. I rolled my eyes.

  "A pure one must let their blood drip into the wound of the attacker, in this case, whoever posses my powers. The only other way to stop my powers, is to stab me in the heart with a ruby blade." Hush sighed.

  "This is gunna suck." I complained.

  "I know." Alice joined. Hush just looked to the floor.

  "The easiest way is the golden blade, but they're rare. They also have to have a ruby tip." she groaned. We all sat in silence. The atmosphere was infected by melancholy and realization. We all know what's coming.

  "There has to be an easier way." Alice probed.

  "I'm afraid not, Alice. We have only two options." Hush confessed.

  "Well, we're fucked." I abruptly noted.

  "Can't we not talk to Slender? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a creep, but he's damn smart." Alice suggested.

  "Good idea." I agreed.

  "When should we go?" she asked.

  "In the morning, after he's done hunting." I replied.

  "It's about 2am. I'll set an alarm for eight. For now, let's sleep." Alice advised. We all went upstairs. Hush went into her room while Alice, and myself, went into mine.

  I knew she was worried; so was I. I snuggled her like some sort of pet or child. She giggled and gave my hand a slight squeeze.

  It took 10, or so, minutes but I fell asleep.

~···~

  My ears were engulfed in the sound of a screamo song.

  "Damn it, Alice! Turn that shit off!" I yelled with my butnt eyelids closed, face in the pillow.

  "Get up, Jeff. We gotta do this." Alice put a hand on my shoulder  I turned to lie on my back and face her. She forced a smile. Reluctantly, I got up. We were all still in our clothes from the night before because changing was pointless.

  "What do you guys want for breakfast?" Hush offered.

  "Anything." Alice and I harmonized.

  "Waffles it is." she giggled.

  "Thank you." Alice called. Hush was already downstairs making waffles.

  "Hurry up and brush that mane." Alice teased. A grin smeared across my face. I tackled Alice onto the bed. She sqealed but Hush didn't hear. I laid on top of her but gave myself a little support. I had her wrists in my hands next to her head. We were both smiling as I leaned in to kiss her.

  Our lips seemed to fit together perfectly. I could feel my body temperature rise, and I felt hers radiate. I slowly started collapsing, pressing my body against hers. We were breathing heavily and I heard Alice let out a sigh. We paused for breath, but proceeded. She clutched my hair and I melted into her.

  I gently broke the kiss but gave her a few more pecks. Sliding off of her, and the bed, I started brushing my hair. It was even more messed up than before.

  Alice and I heard Hush clear her throat. "Breakfast is ready, lovers." she choked. My face prickled with heat. Alice laughed nervously.

  "Don't worry, I caught a glimpse and went back down." Hush giggled and walked away.

  "C'mon! WAFFLE TIME!" Alice yelled. She took off and I chased after her.