Chapter Seventeen

I'm crying. No, sobbing. I'm full of pain and rage. My vision is blurred from the tears, but I can see it. I can see and feel the red substance all over myself. I wipe my eyes and there she is. Mutilated and dismembered. It's Alice. My precious Alice is laying, DEAD, in a pool of blood - her blood. Somebody killed Alice - killed MY Alice. I look around the room. The walls and floor are completely white. They WERE white. Now, everything is covered in blood - in Alice's blood. Until now, I hadn't noticed my knife. I was holding my knife in my hand. My knife was covered in blood.

  No.

  NO.

  NO!!

  NO! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! I DIDN'T KILL MY ALICE! I WOULD NEVER KILL MY ALICE!!

  I heard a voice. It was laughing. It was a woman's laughter. Some BITCH is LAUGHING! SOME WHORE IS LAUGHING AT MY ALICE - AT MY DEAD ALICE!!

  I gripped the knife in my hand. I slowly raised the blade to my throat. I pressed and-

  I awoke with a jolt. I was sweating and breathing harshly. I looked around. I'm on the couch in my livingroom. I sat up and looked around frantically. Alice and Masky were in the kitchen. Masky had his arm around Alice, probably reassuring her of something. I stood.

  "Alice?" I said in a quiet, raspy voice. Her eyes widened. I ran to her and hugged her so tight, I thought I would crush her.

  "Oh my god... Alice." I whispered and stared at the floor behind Alice's feet. She started squirming. Shit. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I loosened my grip on her body.

  "Jeff, a-are you okay? It seemed like you had a nightmare, a bad one..." she squeezed me.

  "I... um..." I stumbled, not knowing what to say. I coughed. Alice handed me a glass of cold water and I drank about half. I started tearing up.

  "I'm so sorry, Alice." I mumbled. She looked at me with concern and confusion.

  "What.. happened in your nightmare, Jeff?" she asked worriedly.

  "Nothing you need to hear, Alice." I kissed the top of her head.

  "Okay." she whispered.

  "Thank you so much for staying, Masky." she touched his hand.

  "Anything for you, Alice." he replied. He stood and kissed Alice on the side of her head. "I gotta get going. I'll be back to check on both of you." With that, he left.

  "Jeff," Alice hesitated, "you.. called my name and .. cried. When you mumbled, there was pain in your voice. Are.. you okay?" This girl can never leave me. I need her.

  "Jeff?"

  "Oh.. sorry."

  "It's okay," she cooed, "Just.. tell me you're gunna be okay." Tears streamed down my cheeks.

  "I-I'm okay, Alice. I'll always be okay, as long as you never leave me.."

  "I.. wont." she forced a smile. We're both crying now. She said, "Look at us. How pathetic." We both managed to laugh. Nobody's ever broken me like this.

  "Damn, Alice," I choked, "The things you do to me." I slightly shook my head. We never broke our gaze. I never even noticed I was shaking.

  "Are you hungry? You look worn out."

  "No. I'll eat later. Let's watch TV or something." She nodded and gently broke our embrace. We interlocked hands and she lead me to the livingroom.

  She switched on the TV to Family Guy. It was the episode where Louis's brother killed a bunch of fat guys. Alice's mind seemed to be focused on the show, while mine focused on her. I was holding her like the night before. I raised out intertwined hands and kissed the back of hers.

  "Not to ruin the moment," I said cautiously, "but I want you to know... HI."

  I had no clue where it came from but she laughed and smiled, which made me smile. I chuckled lightly and kissed the top of her head, once again. I was about a foot and a half taller than she, so I was always looking down to her.

  "Weirdo." she teased, still smiling.

~···~

  We finally got tired and went to bed at about 7am. Normally, Alice would lie on the small couch in my room, but not tonight. I held Alive tightly in my bed.

  Once we were both ready to go to sleep, I whispered, "You're safe. Nobody will take you from me - ever." I burried my face in her hair. Its always smells like strawberries.

  Soon, sleep took over.

///I HOPE YOU ALL CRIED YOUR BUTTS TO MOUNT RUSHMORE.

...what...?

Well, I bet you can guess who's voice was in Jeff's HORRIBLE nightmare.

Okay. I Love You, My Lovlies! Make sure to tell everyone who you love Oh So Very Much!

P.S. If you want to address me by name, call me Allison Redd. <33\\\