Pharah x reader

This was requested by @ToonLexy101. Just a heads up, some of the characters in this story are from the Pharah comic Mission Statement.

Normal POV
"Why are we doing a training flight so early?" Tariq whined. "Quit your whining, we're doing because we have a rookie to train." Saleh sighed. "Yeah, but why? Shouldn't Captain Pharah be doing this?" Tariq yawned. "You do know I can hear you?" Pharah said. "Fully aware, that why I'm complaining too you." Tariq rubbed his tired eyes. "Maybe if you went to bed early like I told you wouldn't be so tired." Pharah smirked. "Hey! My girlfriend needed me to pick her up from her parents house." He yawned once more. "Yeah so you thought it was a good idea to bring her back to the base and make out for thirty minutes." Saleh laughed, Tariq blushed. "Knock it off you, you're gonna scare the newbie." Pharah sighed, "We should head back now anyway." "Finally." Tariq sighed, "Last one to the base cooks breakfast." He jetted toward the base. "Oh I'm not losing to him." Saleh bolted after Tariq, leaving Pharah and the rookie alone. "Um......" the rookie was to lost for words and looked at Pharah. "Welcome to the team." She smiled, "Come on rookie Let's go." He flew close to her until they reached the base, "And the noob is making breakfast!" Tariq shouts, while taking off his amor." "I have a name you know." The rookie said, the room grew awkwardly silent. "So you can talk." Saleh breaks the silence, "I hope your a good cook....uh.." "(Y/N)." He sighed, "And yes I'm a good cook." "Sweet, we got a member of the team who can cook." Pharah grabbed Tariq by the ear, "I cooked two days ago you idoit and said I was good." "Let's leave them alone." Saleh chuckled and (Y/N) followed him to the kitchen.

*Timeskip*

Saleh sits back in his chair and rubs his stomach, "So good." Pharah sips her cup of tea and Tariq shoves some more bacon into his mouth. "You're gonna choke Tariq." Pharah took another sip of tea. "Amnot." He says in between bites, he looks over at (Y/N) who was reading a book. "Hey (Y/N) whatcha reading? (Y/N) said nothing and continued reading, "I guess it's a good book." "Who has dishes today?" Saleh placed his plate and cup in the sink. "Tariq." Pharah smirked. "Dangit." Tariq sighed. (Y/N) stared blankly at the book he was reading, Pharah walked behind him whispered in his ear, "Whatcha reading?"

"AH!"

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." She laughed, Saleh and Tariq chuckled. "Oh it's just you." He sighed. "And what's that's supposed to mean?" She teased. "Uuhh...n-nothing offensive Ma'am." He blushed. "You can drop the Ma'am rookie." She ruffled (Y/N)'s hair, "You can call me Feeraha, but only when were not on missions or meetings." "Got it...can I finish my book now?" (Y/N) whines. "Not til you tell us what you're reading." Tariq chuckles and (Y/N)'s face burned red. "Uh....maybe later." He closed the book, Feeraha, Tariq, and Saleh laughed.

*Timeskip* 5 months later

(Y/N) has fully adjusted to life with his squad. And he's developed a crush on Feeraha, little does he know that she likes him. She enjoys saving him when he's in trouble, which seems to happen alot.

"(Y/N) watch you're six." Pharah shouts as missiles charge for (Y/N). He quickly maneuvers them and blows them up. "You need to be more alert on the battlefield." Pharah sighs and continues firing at enemy. After a long and exhausting battle, Saleh and Tariq passed out as soon as they hit their pillows and Feeraha and (Y/N) sat outside under the moonlight. "Hey Feeraha, can I asked you a question?" He felt his stomach drop, "Yeah, what is it?" She stretched and laid on her back.

"What do you think of me?"

"Huh, where did this come from?"

"Just answer...please."

"Ok...I think that you are handsome, a bit clumsy, cute, and you definitely need a girlfriend." She laughed.

"Feeraha...there's...something I want to tell you." (Y/N) felt butterfly in his stomach, he took a deep breath, "I love you." He face lit up light a traffic light. Feeraha was silent, she didn't know how to respond. "Look (Y/N), you're a good guy and I'm sure other girls would love to be you girlfriend but.....I can't. I'm you're Captain, it wouldn't be right." She stood up, "My job is to protect you......I'm sorry (Y/N) but I don't love you." Feeraha walked away leaving (Y/N) alone with his thoughts and broken heart. The next morning the two hardly spoke, let alone looked at each other.