Beginning Of

Y/N's P.O.V

It was no use for Marshall Lee to bring me home to try and go to sleep, I couldn't rest if I tried. The feeling of someone you're so close to, disappearing into nowhere, is indescribable, and makes my chest feel heavier just thinking about it.

I glanced at the clock, 2:40 A.M. I quietly rolled off my bed and started to silently pad my way downstairs and out the door, the grass feeling slightly wet and the dark night sky surrounding me, making me dwell in my sadness. I flickered my head up to the sky, seeing stars and the moon, as per usual. I walked back inside, pondering my next actions.

I shivered and shook my head, scavenging through cabinets until I found rum. I closed my eyes and drank as much as I could of it, gasping for breath after. My head immediately started twisting and my throat burned. I coughed, covering my mouth immediately to try and quiet myself.

Despite my pounding head, I decided I wanted to explore outside. I needed to find Noah, I had to. I carried myself outside, closing the door silently behind me. I still had the room temperature rum with me, finishing off the bottle. I decided I would throw it off somewhere when I'm far enough away.

I start to walk, only following the way that the moonlight shines on. The further I walk into the forest, the harder my heart beats. The more whole my heart feels, slowly washing away the empty hollow feeling.

My head still buzzes from the alcohol, making my movements shaky and unstable. But I still continue on, my legs becoming heavier with each step. I squint at what's in front of me, it seems shiny but very distant from where I am.
I quicken my pace a bit, trying to sprint over to the glistening object.

As I inch closer, I realize that this celestial object is way bigger than I realized. I slow my pace, leaning on a tree and panting. I wiped my face with the sleeve of my sweater and walked the rest of the way. I sat down by the shiny thing which is now resembling a lake. I run my fingers through the water, looking at it and how it sits on my fingertips.

I slowly started removing my clothing, wanting to get into the lake. Though it was cold, the alcohol was burning my lungs.

"Y/N?" A voice called. A rough, deep voice. I flicked my head toward the sound, seeing an outline of a guy. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out who was calling my name.

I covered myself, getting up and walking closer to where the voice was coming from. "Y/N is that you? What are you doing?" It called, running to where I was. I blinked my eyes, seeing it was Marshall Lee. I giggled and started running from him.

"Catch me if you can!" I said, running around the lake and smiling. My legs were wobbly, causing my almost slip a few times but I managed, trying to get away from him. "Catch me bad little boy~!" I teased.

"Y/N, come here before you get hurt!" He said grabbing my wrist. I wriggled from his grip, I ran away from him, turning back to see him. "Y/N, watch out!" Marshall Lee shouted, running to grab my hand but that just encouraged me to run faster. "Y/N!" He called out again, but I had already hit my head on falling tree branch and slipped into the lake.

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

I stopped running, watching her sink into the water. I clutched my chest, my breathing becoming unsteady. In that moment, my eyes only locked on to her. It felt like hours, or maybe it felt like seconds, watching her go deeper and deeper into the lake.

I blinked at the bright blue shining stars and snapped out of it, running and jumping into the water to try and get her out. I closed my mouth, searching desperately through the water to find her. I blinked my eyes rapidly, as the once clear blue water was turning red and blurry. I swam up to the surface, taking a deep breath and throwing myself back into the water.

My eyes scanned anywhere for some sign of life. I turned my head to see what looked like was a hand, which I immediately swam to, trying to grip it. My lungs were burning, but I used the last of my strength to pull her up. I panted as I reached the surface, swimming to the edge of the lake.

I pulled her lifeless body out of the water, setting her on the grass. I breathed heavily before putting my ear by her mouth, seeing if I could feel her breath, but I didn't. My chest tightened by I placed two fingers on her wrist, desperately searching for a pulse, but there was none.

It felt like someone was twisting and turning my heart. I pressed down on her chest, making sure not to press on her ribs. After doing this, I tilted her head back and lifted her chin, pinching her nose as I covered her mouth with mine, and breathing into her. I did this for atleast 30 minutes, before wiping my tears away that had begun flowing since she hit her head.

I picked up and ran, ran as fast as I could to the hospital.

I'm losing a perfect thing.

------------------------------------------------------

yo, heads up, the chapter after the next one will be your guys choice. I'll explain more in the next chapter, but thank you guys for the overwhelming support, I love you all 💓
-kitty