Chapter 14

Danielle’s POV

“So how is life?” Liam asked awkwardly

“Emm good. As you know I’m engaged and still dancing, yeah good” I lied.

“Good for you” He gave me a small smile.

“So I heard about Sophia. I’m sorry”

“Yeah, I guess no one wanna stay with me… Think I’m nt good enough.”

“What no Liam” I snapped “You are a great person”

“I’m not. All I did was break the hearts of the close people. No one deserve to be with someone like me”

“No Liam. You are one of the greatest people I’ve ever met. And I know how you think now and why you took the weird path and started to drink your life off. You are afraid of being alone but you won’t Liam. You will find your woman”

“What if she is right in front of my eyes but I can’t get her because she is engaged” 

I choked my water; I didn’t expect to hear that.  The waiter came with our food, we sat quietly as he placed our plates in front of us. I was afraid of the moment he leaves. What will be said?

“That asshole kept checking you out” Liam commented angrily. Is he jealous or is it just my eyes and oh my God! He looks so cute now. I wish I could just throw myself in his arms. I miss that so much.

“Hi there!” Liam waved at my face. I laughed

“Sorry, my mind just slept”

He laughed “God! Your jokes are still lame”

“What no. I’m the best joke teller you will ever know”

“Whatever” He stuck his tongue out. “Emm! Dani switch plates” He suddenly said

“Why? You don’t like your plate?”

“No but yours have mushrooms in it”

“Ewwwww! Noooo I ain’t eating that”

“I know. You can switch with me, I don’t mind really”

We switched the plates and I thanked him for the billion times.

“God Dani! Stop it you keep on thanking me and I did nothing I just switched plates” I shyly laughed and apologized

“Tell me about your fiancée”

“He is nice, handsome, he owns small company. He treats me good so yeah” I faked a smile. I hate this stupid question because I have no answer for it. If I could only tell him the truth.

 “Only that?” I nodded

“What else should I say?” I snapped

“Hey Dani! I’m sorry I didn’t mean any harm. It’s just you seem off” He placed his hand on mine sending shivers down my spine. Butterflies started dancing wildly in my stomach. I haven’t experienced this feeling for a long, long time. Only Liam could make me feel that way.

“I know Liam, I’m really sorry but I and him are not on the right terms lately”

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked

I shook my head and he gave me a small nod. We eat the rest of our food silently. I checked the time on my phone but something else caught my eyes; 27 missed calls and 11 messages and all from the babysitter.

My heart started skipping beats; Liam gave me a worried look as I quickly dialed the babysitter’s number.

“Hey Mia, what’s wrong?”

“James is in the hospital”

“WHAT?! Why and where. What happened?”

“He fell off the stairs and fainted. I’m really sorry Miss Peazer”

“Just give me the fuckin address” I yelled as tears started to fall down my cheeks.

She gave me the address and then I hung up and started collecting my stuff.

Liam paid quickly for the food and took me to the car without asking what’s wrong.

Once we got in the car, he wiped away my tears and asked me what happened.

“James he, he fell and fainted” I cried harder

“Who is James?” he frowned

“My so- My Nephew” I corrected myself, he can’t know. I will lose him again if he knew. “Sarah is out on a business trip so she left him with me”

“He is going to be alright, Dani” I felt his hand touches mine; he took my hand in his and squeeze it. It made me calm but made me wonder about what if I hadn’t left. I wouldn’t be living with an abusive fiancée and I would have given James a better life with his… with Liam.

The car stopped so I looked out and found that we are at the hospital, Liam’s hand never left mine. “He will be fine Dani” I gave him a small nod

We found James’ babysitter in the reception waiting for me. “I’m sorry Miss Peazer one minute he was just playing and the other I found him falling”

“It’s ok accident happens, it could even happen while Dani was there” Liam tried to calm the babysitter who was shaking badly.

“You can go now dear” I paid her the money and she walked out. I went to the receptionist and asked her about James and she told me they are checking him now but he is alright.

I and Liam walked to the waiting room, “Liam you should probably go, I’m sorry I bothered you but yo-“

“I’m not leaving you Dani, not again” he cut me in. I felt a huge knife stab my heart. I was so dump to leave him. I was so selfish; I deserve the shit I’m in now.

We sat quietly waiting for the doctor to come in and tell us what’s wrong with my boy.

Liam’s POV

Dani seems off but not the fact that her nephew is hurt; it looks like she is in a big trouble and she is trying to hide it from me. And she is lying too.

The best thing about us is that we can read one another like open books, and I can see how pained she is but what’s worrying me is James. There is more to his story.

“James Peazer” the doctor called.