Calm Down, Daniel

Today you were flying to America with F/N to help her find a dress for the wedding. You were going to meet up with her mum(surprisingly), her cousins Alex and Lexie, Tyler(yes, F/N asked Tyler to be a bridesmaid, he said yes), and then your friend Sherri, from high school.

"I'll only be gone for two days, Dan." You told him as you continued to shove random shit into your bag. "I'm gonna help F/N, then go see my dad and Matt."

Dan looked up at you with puppy dog eyes. "I know." He whispered, his lip quivering.

Ever since the incident happened with Brian(my ex-boyfriend who tried to kill Dan and I, long story), Dan hasn't been able to leave your side, let alone let you go to America without him.

You gave him a weak smile, looking down at him while he sits on the bed. You hugged his head to your stomach and stroked his hair. "I'm gonna be okay."

"That's what you said last time."

"Dan." You got on your knees so you were face to face. "F/N is going to be with me the whole entire time. Then, Tyler is coming home with me. I won't be alone whatsoever on this two day trip."

"I know." Dan whispered again, staring deep into your Y/E/C eyes.

You rested your forehead against his and closed your eyes.

Change. This what change is.

~Time skip one plane ride later, brought to you by my lack of knowing what to write next~

You and F/N just arrived in America around twelve a.m. You arranged to sleep on the flight and meet everyone at a café before you go dress hunting.

As the uber pulls into the café parking lot, your phone began to ring quite loudly. You look down at the caller ID.

Dan.

Before you can click the accept button, F/N snatches your phone from your hand. "Nope. You're not allowed to answer it."

"F/N, it's Dan. If I don't answer he's gonna freak out." You tell her.

F/N rolls her eyes, looking down at the phone before answering it, putting it on speaker so you could hear the conversation. "Hello, Daniel?" F/N asks into the phone.

"F/N??? Why are you answering Y/N's phone??? Is she alright?? Do I need to come-"

"Dan." F/N cuts Dan off, thank god. "She's fine."

You could hear him sigh in relief. "Can I talk to her?"

"No. And you are not to call her for the next four hours while we are out. She will call you when we are done for the day. You got it, Howell?"

You laugh at F/N and her reactions to everything.

Look at us, two married(well, almost) friends, twenty years of knowing each other. Honestly, I didn't think I'd make it this far. (No, that was not a TØP reference, but now Migraine is stuck in my head)

Dan sighs loudly. "Only if I can say goodbye to her, then I will accept your deal."

F/N nods, looking up at you. "Good enough. Hear she is, lover boy."

F/N hands you the phone and you give her a joking smirk as you take it off speaker, holding it up to your ear. "Hey, Dan."

"Oh, thank god, Y/N, I thought you died."

"Really?"

"No, I'm just being dramatic. But, I was scared."

"I know." You giggle at him. "Now go play Mario Kart, or record a video, or go check up on Dil with Phil."

Dan laughs. "Yes, ma'am."

"I'll call you later, then?"

"YES. YOU BETTER CALL ME LATER."

"I will." You smile, playing with the string on your jeans. Pulling it, making it longer, before you rip it off.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Call me?"

"Yes, Dan, I will call you."

"Okay." He whispers.

"Okay." You whisper back.

"Bye."

"Bye."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you mo-"

"OH, FOR CHRIST SAKES," F/N takes the phone from your hand again, putting it on speaker. "SAY GOODBYE, DAN."

"Goodbye, Dan." He repeats, laughing through the phone.

And F/N hangs up on him. "Gawd, you two are inseparable. If I didn't answer the call, he'd be here on the next flight to L.A."

"Yeah." You laugh, lightly blushing. "You're right."

~~~

"Hey," F/N spotted the table with Tyler, Mrs. T (F/N mom-because I can't call her Mrs. L/N), Alex and Lexie, and Sherri. "Over there."

Alex, F/N's cousin, the girl with the large, brown, impossibly curly hair, bright green eyes and the yellow sun dress saw you first, waving her hand to get your attention, even though you were already staring at them.

"Just take a deep breath." You tell F/N as she waves at Alex. "We're gonna have fun."

She nods, taking a deep breath. "Yeah... let's do this." She grabs your hand as she heads for the table, you following close behind.

Everyone turns their head to look at you approaching the table. "Hey!" Everyone greets when you're close enough.

Tyler immediately runs up and engulfs you in a hug as F/N makes her way over to her cousins and mother. "Y/N!!!"

"Tyler!!!"

"We're bridesmaids!" He picks you up off the floor and jumps up and down.

"Yes, Tyler!! Now put me down!" You scold him, while laughing. He takes a deep breath, putting you back down on the floor. "Thank you."

You then hug Sherri, tell her she looks good and that you haven't seen her in awhile. You then hug Alex and Lexie, the identical twins, and tell them it's nice to see them. And then you make your way over to Mrs. T who tells you, you need to do something about your hair. So, you say yes ma'am and move on. There is no arguing with her.

And then we're off to the bridal shop. Four hours of regret here I come.

~~~

No, you're not being mean, you'll know why it's regret in the next chapter. Alrightyyy... thanks for reading my dan lovers,

~Hazel