The Doctor Is In

(Dan POV)

The only bad thing about having so much in common with your wife is, you can't do certain things because you both won't.

So, Y/N and I were both too socially awkward to tell the doctor that we were just going to leave.

"Hello." The doctor greeted as she walked through the door. "I'm Dr. Keema, you must be Y/N and Dan Howell?"

She held her hand out for a handshake, that Y/N hesitantly accepted before glancing my way. I nodded, resting my hand on Y/N's lower back.

"Yeah," I nodded as Dr. Keema went for a handshake with myself that I too accepted. "That's us."

"Wonderful! I'll get you a hospital gown and you can put on." She softly tells Y/N before turning to leave again. "I'll be right back."

Once the doors closes Y/N turns to me, she looks more relaxed and calmed down. "Okay. I can do this, she seems nice enough."

"Yeah," I agreed, smiling, taking Y/N's hands in mine. "You can do this. We can do this."

Soon the doctor comes back in, Y/N changes and lays down on this chair near the back of the room. I stand next to next to her and hold her hand.

Dr. Keema tells Y/N to calm down, that there's nothing she should be worried about. Y/N laughs awkwardly, taking a deep breath. "Actually, I'm more worried about him."

Dr. Keema waves it off, smiling. "The husbands are always the worst. Most emotional."

Y/N actually laughed this time and I awkwardly join in. Dr. Keema tells Y/N to lift up her shirt just to reveal her stomach, and she does.

I squeeze Y/N's hand harder and she peers up at me. "You okay?"

Yeah, now I'm more nervous than her. I nod, trying to stay focused, running my thumb over her fingers.

Y/N smiles softly, holding our intertwined hands against her cheek. After a while, were looking at screen showing us our baby inside Y/N's stomach(obviously, dan).

The baby is healthy and everything seems to be in good condition. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes and a lump form in my throat.

Y/N smiles softly, continuing to cuddle our hands. I almost burst into tears at the sight of how calm she's being.

She's finally okay with all this. She knows we're going to get along just fine. I'm so proud of her and I just... I love her so much.
(Awwww, Dans so sweet and cute!!! get yourself a man like that)

There are small tears leaking out the corner of my eyes so I quickly wipe them away. Y/N chuckles softly at me, kissing my hand.

"Would you like to the gender of the baby?" Dr. K asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

I look down at Y/N who looks back up at me. "No." I answer the same time Y/N says, "Yes."

We look at each other again and we both change our answer. When I say, "Yes," Y/N says, "No."

Dr. Keema laughs at us, nodding her head. "Don't worry, you have time to think about it and discuss it."

By the time we're done with the doctors, and she hands us a small black and white picture of our baby, we're both crying, Y/N and I.

Our first picture of our first baby. Our beautiful, healthy baby. Our baby.

Y/N holds the small photo between her delicate fingers, shaking slightly as tears race down her face.

I wrap my arms around her waist from behind, resting my head on her shoulder to look down at the picture as well. And just like Y/N, tears silently run down my cheeks.

"That's our baby." Y/N tells me, sniffling.

"Yeah." I nod. "That's our baby."

~~~
(Your POV)

"PHIL!" You yelled as soon as you and Dan walked through the door, suddenly very excited.

"YEAH?!" You heard him yell from his room.

"COME HERE!" Dan yelled as you jumped up and down, excitedly.

Dan smiled at you, his face turning a bright red. He grabs your hand, pulling you closer to him. He places both hands on your cheeks, kissing you passionately, catching you off guard.

It takes you a second to comprehend what Dans doing, but once your mind is caught up with your body, you wrap your arms around his waist, kissing him back.

Once Dan finally pulled away, you cocked your head, smiling at him. "I love you too." You chuckled, staring up into his sparkling eyes.

His smile can't seem to wash off his face as he kisses the tip of your nose. Dan opens his mouth to say something, but that's when Phil walks in.

"Hey, guys. How'd the doctors go?"

You ripped free of Daniels(not danisnotonfire, sorry)grip and ran towards Phil.

"PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL!" You jumped up and down, a bright smile smacked on your face.

Phil chuckled at you, watching you bounce up and down. "Y/N!"

"LOOKEY!!" You stopped jumping, slowly handing Phil your baby's frist picture, a huge smile that can't seem to go away splattered on your face.

You bit your lip as Phil squinted down at the picture before a huge smile, like yours, spread across his face. "Awww..." He cooed.

"I know right." Dan agrees, coming up behind you and wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Did you find out if it's a boy or girl?" Phil asks, looking up at you from the small photo in his hands.

You shake your head, looking back at Dan, who shrugs, looking back down at you. "Do you want to know?"

I shrugged. "Kinda... do you?"

Dan shook his head, a small smile on his face. "No... not really..."

"What about you, Phil?" You ask, looking back over at him.

He looks up at you and Dan, eyebrows raised. "What? It's not my baby..."

"No, but you are the godfather, aren't you?" Dan smiles brightly at Phil.

"I'M A GODFATHER?!"

"Of course, silly." You laugh, staring up at your favorite blue-eyed friend.

"Well," Phil smiles, nodding. "I think it should be a surprise."

"Me too." Dan agrees.

"Okay," You put your hands up in defense. "You win. We'll wait."

And that is the story of how I died

just kidding, just the story of how we ended up waiting to find out the sex of the baby.

~~~

Im sorry for that triggering Doctor Who quote at the end if you caught it, lol. And Sorry it took me so long to update, i'm on vacation and hadn't really had time to edit it, so excuse any error, huge time skips(lack of explanation) and how much this sucks.
Thanks so much for reading my lil' rays of sunshine, much love to all!

~Hazel