Mere, and the Internet

"Dan... I'm going to tell them. Tomorrow." You say, closing your laptop.

"You sure you're ready?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at you.

You nod, biting your lip. "Better now than later."

"Hey guys." Phil pops his head into your and Dan's room.

"Hey," Dan greets his best friend, turning only his head to look at him.

"Meredith is here." Phil smiles, wiggling his eyebrows at you and Dan.

"OOOOO!!" You stood up, jumping off the bed. "Yayayayayay!!"

"Calm down, Y/N." Dan laughed, standing up. "We don't want to scare the poor girl."

You followed Phil out your room, Beebo trotting behind you, down the stairs, and to the kitchen, where Tyler was already waiting. Phil leaves for a second to go open the door to greet his new girlfriend.

"So, am I going to be in your video tomorrow?" Dan asks, making conversation before you meet Meredith.

"Unless you want me to tell the internet alone, yes." You smile at him, kissing his cheek.

"Aww..." Tyler says, smiling. "Get a room."

Dans cheeks turn a light pink and you smirk at him.

"Okay, guys." Just then Phil walks through the door, a tall, black-haired girl with dark brown eyes, just as Phil described her, following close behind him. "This is Meredith. My girlfriend."

"Hi!"

"Hello!"

"Hey!"

Meredith smiles at each of you, exposing her two front, slightly crooked teeth. "Hi." She waves.

"Mere, this is my best friend Dan who lives here, Dan's wife Y/N who also lives here but also next door, long story, and Y/N's best friend Tyler who is here to visit."

"Nice to meet you." She nods her head, still smiling.

Meredith was kind, but quiet. She couldn't stay long, but we arranged for her to come over next week to hang out.

"Aww, she's cute, Phil. And really nice." You said once Meredith had left.

"You really think so?" He asks, a smile on his face. You nod, smiling back at him. "Thanks."

"Yeah, I like her." Dan agrees. "PHILLY'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND!"

"Shut up." Phil blushes, playfully smacking Dan in the shoulder.

And then after you, Tyler, and Dan were chanting 'Philly's got a girlfriend' and Phil getting really embarrassed, you all decided to binge watch Riverdale for the rest of the night.

~~~

"You ready?" Dan asks, finger lingering over the record button on the camera.

"No... But I have to be, because I have to do this... so, yes." You state, staring at the wall, too scared to look anywhere else.

"Okay..." Dan nods. "I'll give you points for the enthusiasm." He jokes, smiling wide.

"Wow. Thanks. How generous of you." You say, sarcastically.

"Anything for you, babe." Dan winks.

You roll your eyes at him, though smiling. "Just turn on the camera, doofus."

"Okay, okay." Dan hits record before making his way to sit right next to you, thigh to thigh.

"Hellloooo friends." You wave at the camera, nerves bubbling up in your stomach. "It's me, again. And I have Daniel Howell here, again."

"Hello." Dan waves too.

"I've..." You look at Dan, corrected yourself. "We've got something you tell y'all."

"All y'all." Dan mocks you.

"Shut up, danny." You push his shoulder.

"It's Daniel." He corrects you.

"Ohhhh, so danisnotonfire?" You tease him, bringing your face extremely close to his.

"Danisnotonfire is dead."

*loud, mager gasp* i'm sorry to be so triggering.

"RIP."

"Okay! Back to the video." Dan says, looking at the camera again.

"Right! Okay... where was I?"

"We've got something to tell them." Dan reminds you.

"Yes, okay..." You look at Dan, not knowing how to start.

Dan gives you a warm smile, wrapping his hand around yours. "I'm..." You look back at the camera. "I'm..."

"Pregant." Dan finishes for you. "We're pregnant."

"Yep. And no, I'm not lying, or joking, there is an actual, small human being growing inside of me." I state.

Dan looks at you, squinting. "Ew."

"Right back at ya."

Dan laughs, shaking his head. "Did you just call me ugly?"

"No... I called you ew."

"Same thing.

"Not really."

"Anyways," Dan looks back at the camera before you both break out into a fit of laughter.

"Okay," You said, once you calmed down. "Do
not ask what the gender of the baby is. Because
we don't know."

"Or about names." Dan agrees. "We don't know. But any suggestions, leave in the comments."

"I already told you, Daniel, I'm not letting the internet name our child. I bet you all the comments will say Susan."

Dans laughs, shaking his head. "They're just suggestions, Y/N."

You nod, "Right... Oh! And I probably won't be doing much videos in the next nine months. Sorry..."

Dan nods, agreeing. "Okay... that's it for this video. Sorry it was short. Goodbye internet."

"Bye bye."

And Dan shuts off the camera.

And he edits the video because you're too nervous to.

And he uploads it.

And everyone knows now.

And its on the internet forever.

~~~

Hello! Yes, I'm back. Thank you for all your kind words, and being so patient. Idk when I'll upload next, I don't have much planned, so it might take longer to post. Anyways, thanks for reading, love you all,

~Hazel