BGM - You Get Scared During A Fight

Requested by:
@directionarmy_

The other 3 books have like 4 requests each and this one has 8 y'all are Michael girls! My heart!

Michael:
Mikey😘:
I'm staying late at the studio. Don't wait up.

You rolled your eyes after you read the text message. Michael was never home anymore, it was always work work work. It felt like he either didn't have any time for you, or more likely, he wasn't prioritizing spending time with you.

So you responded accordingly.

Y/N:
K.

...

"She didn't!" Michael narrowed his eyes when he saw your reply.

"What didn't she do?" Luke looked up from where he was tuning his guitar.

"She replied to me with 'K'," Michael said sourly.

Calum laughed, "someone's sleeping on the couch tonight."

Ashton just shook his head, "good luck man."

...

You didn't listen to Michael and you did wait up, staying on the couch while watching some terrible movie and letting your anger brew. You were gearing up for a screaming match and you knew it. Michael had left you on read, and it wasn't until two in the morning that you heard his car pull into the garage and he walked in the back door.

When he saw you splayed out on the couch he shook his head, "it's late. You should be in bed."

"Yeah well you should've been home six hours ago," you countered.

"I was at work. I didn't have a choice," he groaned, "you had every opportunity to just go up to bed."

"Well the only way I can see you anymore is if I deprive myself of sleep, you always get home after I go to bed and I leave before you wake up," you complained.

"Yeah. I spend a lot of time in the studio. I don't know what you want me to say," he grumbled.

You were both exhausted and irritable which made the room tense, "I want you to say that you'll actually try to spend time with me. I'm your girlfriend Michael, not your dog."

"Trust me I know," he laughed hollowly.

That really set you off, "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? HUH?" You stood up and marched over to him so that you were toe to toe, "YOU DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE NEVER HERE. WHEN YOU ARE ALWAYS AT WORK!"

"I. DON'T. HAVE. A. CHOICE," he yelled back, "THIS IS HOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN! I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE SO MAD NOW?!"

"I'M MAD BECAUSE WE USED TO TALK. WE USED TO HAVE DATE NIGHTS. YOU USED TO COME HOME!" You screamed, poking him squarely in the chest, "YOU'RE NEVER AROUND ANYMORE IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE I EVEN HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

He stepped back so that you couldn't touch him anymore, "WELL RIGHT NOW YOU'RE NOT ACTING LIKE A GOOD GIRLFRIEND HUH? YOU'RE JUST NAGGING ME LIKE MY MOTHER!"

He moved his hands where they were clenched into fists at his sides up to run them through his thinning hair. When you saw him raise his fists in the heat of argument you flinched instinctively.

Michael noticed right away and paused in alarm, "did you- did you just flinch?" His voice dropped to a strained whisper, "Did you think I was going to hit you?" His blood ran cold and any anger in his body morphed into dread. He didn't want you to ever think that he would hurt you in any way.

"No," you coughed, "no... I just can't help it anymore." You weren't angry either. Michael had scared you, and the sight of him raising his hands had brought back bad memories of your last boyfriend. You just wanted to curl up and cry.

"Anymore? What aren't you telling me?" Michael walked closer, gently reaching out to touch your waist, clearly worried you were going to move away again.

"I- I- nothing," you choked out, the tears that had been brimming in your eyes began to fall down your cheeks. You didn't want to tell him, it made you feel weak and it brought back awful memories.

"Baby," he crooned, "I don't want to fight. I want you to tell me why you're upset and why you flinched."

That was all it took for you to release the floodgates. You surged forward and wrapped your arms around his shoulders, pulling him down close to you. Michael went willingly, and then grabbed the back of your things, signaling for you to jump. When you did he held you tightly while walking over to the couch and sitting down so you were on his lap. 

While you cried he just held you, rocking you back and forth lightly while whispering sweet things in your ears.

"Shhhhh. Babygirl it's going to be okay. I'm right here, you're alright. Nobody's going to get you. I'll protect you," he whispered, slipping a hand under your shirt so he could rub your back.

You calmed down under his soft touches and comforting words, so much so that you were able to tell him. You trusted Michael and he deserved to know.

"My ex, he used to, to-" you sucked in a deep breath and readjusted yourself, "to hit me when we fought and he was angry. I know that you'd never do that but when you raised your hands you scared me Mikey."

He sighed, "I'm sorry Princess. He shouldn't have treated you, or anyone like that and I didn't mean to hurt you I'm sorry," he said quietly.

"It's okay Mikey, I'm just glad you're here now," you moved your head out of his neck so that you could press your foreheads together.

"I am too Princess," he smiled, nudging your nose with his own. You leaned forward to kiss him, and he reciprocated the gesture with a soft squeeze of your hips. It felt so right to be in Michael's arms, unlike your ex you knew that he would never hurt you and that he loved you no matter what kind of petty arguments you had. When you finally pulled back to breathe he spoke again.

"I'm going to take tomorrow off, just you and me," he promised, looking up at you in adoration.

"Really?" You grinned at the thought of an entire day of just you and Michael.

"Really. I haven't been able to spend any time with you in so long," he admitted, frowning a little.

"I love you Michael," you didn't want to see him frown, you wanted him to be as happy and excited as you.

"I love you too baby."

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

QOTD: do you spell it "baby girl" or "babygirl"?

AOTD: "babygirl" because "baby girl" makes me think of 👧 while "babygirl" is like 👅💦🍆