85) Noctis

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"She is completely useless!" Ravus shouts as he talks to King Regis. Everyone was surprised by his outburst, me being the most. My eyes widened and I felt tears threatening to fall. "She can't even follow a simple order! She's weak and doesn't deserve anyone or anything!"

Noctis was the first one to step up. "You know nothing about (Y/n)!" He yelled back at Ravus. "All I know is she's a piece of garbage!" Ravus fired back. Streams of tears fell from my eyes. I heard Gladio growl under his breath as he approached Ravus. "Take back what you said," he growled lowly. I tried to silence my sniffles but one escaped. Everyone snapped their attention to me.

"(Y/n)," Prompto's face fell even more as he heard my sniffles. I wiped the tears away, but they were immediately replaced with new ones. Noctis ran over and cupped my face with his hands. He leaned his forehead against mine with a solemn expression. "Don't listen to him, (Y/n)." Noctis' hands moved from my cheeks to the back of my head. He pulled me close to his chest and held me tightly. Noctis whispered sweet nothings in my ear as Ravus fought with Prompto, Ignis, and Gladio.

Noctis stroked my (h/c) hair and twirled a few strands around his fingers. My grip on Noctis tightened once I heard King Regis shout. "Ravus, I will not allow you to insult (Y/n) any further. She is a brilliant, strong, and kind girl. If someone here is useless, it's you. Guards, escort him out of Insomnia." Ravus gasped in shock as guards led him out of the palace. Before he disappeared, he glared at me, eyes full of venom. Noctis must've noticed because he glared harshly back.

"We should have known better. Forgive us, (Y/n)," Ignis apologizes. I shook my head and didn't let go of Noctis. "Don't apologize. None of you would've known about Ravus' outburst." Noctis rested his head on top of mine. "If he ever does that again, he won't be leaving all spick-and-span," he whispered for only my ears to hear. I giggle and smile at him. He smiled back and kissed me on the cheek. "There's my favorite smile."

His words made me blush in embarrassment. "If Ravus ever bothers you again, don't hesitate to call for us," Gladio stated. I thanked him and everyone else. "I'm going to go train for awhile," I informed them and left. I could feel their worried looks hitting my back. When I entered the training room, I immediately began trying to summon.

Hours pass by and I have no luck. My body is exhausted and I crash to my knees. The door to the training room opens slowly. "Who-" I turn around and my eyes meet Ravus'. "Thanks to you, his majesty has forbidden me from ever entering Insomnia. Now my plans are ruined! Before I go, I do want to do one thing." His glare makes my blood run cold.

I quickly get to my feet to avoid Ravus. He slowly steps towards me. My back hits a wall as he corners me. Before Ravus could lay a finger on me, the door to the training room flew open. "Ravus!" Noctis charged in and stormed over to Ravus. Before he could reach us, a surge of energy flooded my body. Without thinking, I called the name of my summons. "Lonoxa."

My summons appeared before me and I was in shock

My summons appeared before me and I was in shock. This was the first time I've ever been able to call upon my summons and he has arrived. Lonoxa bows his head towards me. He swipes Ravus with his claws and knocks him away from me.

Shall I dispose of him?

A voice asked in my head. I realized Lonoxa was talking to me.

He's not welcomed here.

I told Lonoxa. He touched Ravus' body and a bright light surrounded us. When the light dispersed, Loxona and Ravus were gone. I sigh in relief as I felt arms wrap around my small frame. "You did it, (Y/n)!" Noctis praises. His embrace tightens as I wrap my arms around his back. "I-I can't believe it..." I mumble.

"You're not useless, (Y/n). Ravus is gone and no longer a problem," Noctis said as he rested his chin on top of my head. I giggle and close my eyes. "Hey!" I open my eyes and see Prompto, Ignis, and Gladio charge into the training room. "Someone told us Ravus got away. One of the maids told us he was heading in this direction," Ignis said.

"We wanted to make sure (Y/n) was okay," Prompto added. Noctis told the three of how I was able to summon Lonoxa without any problems. He also told them about how Ravus was taken away by my summons. Noctis breaks the hug and moves one of his hands into mine. We entwine our fingers as the others smirk at our actions.

"We should celebrate!" Gladio yells cheerfully. Prompto nodded in agreement while Ignis looked a little hesitant. "We'll celebrate later. I'm feeling a little worn out," I told them. "A summons is not easy. You do look a little pale, (Y/n)," Ignis said. Noctis bent down a little to peer at my face. "Specs is right. You need some rest."

Noctis held my hand tightly as we headed to my room. Once we reached my room, Noctis lets my hand go. I plop on the bed with a sigh. I didn't realize how tired I was until my body hit the soft mattress. Noctis sat next to me and twirled my
(h/c) hair around his finger. Sleep takes over my body as I close my eyes. Before I fell asleep, I felt a warm pair of lips meet mine.

"I love you, (Y/n)."