177) Noctis

A/n: A request from WynterSnowflake. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••••••••
~3rd Person POV~

Noctis tapped his fingers against his knee in eagerness. Prompto turned around in his seat and glanced at his best friend. "Dude, chill. You'll see her in a few minutes."

"I know. It's just... been six long years since (Y/n) left the Crown City," the prince replied.

"Thanks to her teachings, you have become quite a prince," Ignis said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Noctis asked with a hint of annoyance.

"It means without her help, you'd still be ignorant of the world around you," Gladio answers.

"Yeah, and neither of us would've passed high school without the books she gave us," Prompto adds.

"A brilliant girl, nonetheless. At such a young age to become a highly profitable and knowledgeable scholar," Ignis states with a small amount of surprise.

"She never did tell us why she left," Prompto exclaimed. Noctis faced the blonde and told him about her sudden departure. "She was asked to help research the Astrals and the Starscourge. Her work took her all the way to Lestallum. They also asked for her knowledge to help around the power plant. That's why she had to leave."

"I remember when you'd text her in the middle of class to see how she was doing," Prompto grins. Noctis felt embarrassed and turned away from him.

"Fourteen years old and already smarter than most of Eos. That's pretty damn impressive," Gladio said, freeing Noctis of his embarrassment.

"Can't believe that was six years ago. It feels as if she's been gone much longer than that," Prompto sighed.

"Hope she hasn't changed much since she was fourteen," Noctis comments. Prompto laughed with a smile. "Knowing (Y/n), I seriously doubt it."

Noctis couldn't hold back his smile. It grew even wider when Ignis parked the car in Lestallum. The prince was the first to hop out of the Regalia, looking around for the girl with (e/c) eyes and
(h/c) hair he loved dearly. "Did you tell her we were coming?" Gladio asked, cutting through the prince's thoughts. "... No..."

Gladio groaned in disbelief at the answer he received. "We want to surprise her, big guy," Prompto joined in. Another incoherent grumble came from the shield's throat. Ignoring the others, Noctis ran up the stairs and glanced at his new surroundings, hoping he would be able to spot
(Y/n) in the throng of people.

Not paying attention, Noctis ran into someone. Something heavy hits his head as he goes to check on the person. "Sorry 'bout that. Wasn't paying attention," he hastily apologizes. When he picked up what had hit him on the head, he realized the person was carrying a stack of books. "It's fine. Can you help me pick these up?" The person sweetly asked. Hearing the voice, Noctis dropped the book he had picked up. Snapping his head towards the person who he ran into, his eyes widened. Without skipping a beat, the prince threw his arms around the girl he missed for six long years.

"Ugh... Noct, you're making my bones creak..." She groans. He eased up on the hugging but kept his arms around her small frame. "I wanted to surprise you, but it seems I'm the one who was taken by surprise," he chuckles. The prince felt (Y/n) place her small hands on his back, hugging him in return.

"Six years since I last saw you and the last thing I saw was your crying face. Y'know, I was hoping you would send me off with a smile," she giggles.