Moving in

"Alright." I said, pulling away. "Time to help me move in!"
He sighed. "Okay. . . ."
"That's what you came here for, after all."
His face reddened, "Oh! Yeah." He started to go out.
"Where do you think you're going?!"
"To get the other boxes, dummy!"
"Oh ha ha ha! Okay." I watched as he left. When he was gone, I started to unpack some more. The box was chalk full of things from my childhood. An old stuffed animal, some pictures, a couple of crafts from daycare. . . . And the valentine from Corey.
* * * * * * * *
It was in fifth grade, when everyone had to give everyone a valentine, otherwise you would be in trouble. So I went around, giving the valentines my mom bought into boxes that were decorated by each of us. I stopped at one that was  covered in marker and glue with the name "Corey" on it. I searched for the special valentine I made myself. It was pretty good for fifth grade. I finally found it when Corey came back. He cocked his head, "What are doing?"
I held up the valentine. "Putting it into your box." I was pretty shy in fifth grade, but Corey and I had been friends since preschool. He was the only person who could get me to talk to strangers.
"That's pretty good." He said, eyeing the valentine. "Did you make ALL your valentines?"
I shook my head.
"Oh. Cause that would be A LOT of valentines!"
I smiled and nodded. "Yeah."
"Say, do you have any friends? Other than me, of course."
I got red in the face. No, just one. "Just one."
"Really? Who?!"
"Gotcha."
He smiled, then took out a valentine he made, glue making up fifty percent of it, then a store bought one. "Come with me."
"Where?"
"To your box, dummy! Then, we'll go and get you to talk to someone."
I must've had a concerned look on my face, because Corey smiled then laughed.
"Haha! Come on!" He gabbed my hand and lead me over to my box. He slipped the valentine inside.
                                                                * * * * * * * *
That was where our name calling began. He called me dummy from then on, and I called him weirdo.
When I finally snapped back to reality, Corey was on the other side of my room, next to the closet, putting my clothes that need to be hung up inside. When he was done, he turned to me. "Hey you. You were spaced out for a while, there. I thought you were dead! What were you thinking about?"
"The day our friendship began its turn to name calling, ha ha."
He combed his hand through his hair then put his hands on his hips. "About our friendship. . ."
Mom came in. "Anna! Corey! You two have been unpacking all day and you STILL aren't done?" She sighed as she put her last box down. "I'll help." She grabbed the nearest box and started unpacking. Corey gave me a look that told me he couldn't talk about what he was going to talk about anymore, so we started unpacking . After probably an hour, everything was unpacked. I stepped back and looked at the mess we created.
"Looks like your room already!" Corey nudged me.
"Oh, shut up! I'm not THAT messy! And you're not much better!" I smiled then started to organize things.
"Yeah, you're right." He started to help, but was organizing things wrong.
I looked at him, picked up a green pencil he put down, and moved it to another pile.
He knew what that look meant. "What? I'm not putting things in the right pile?"
I looked at him and nodded. "I can take it from here."
"Okay. . . . But I'm gonna have to watch ya."
"Why?"
"Because you get distracted, so I'll keep you on track."
I rolled my eyes at the lie. "Sure."
"Ha ha ha! Okay, I guess I'll leave you alone for a little bit. . . ." He looked reluctant to leave.
I cocked my head, "What were you going to say before Mom came?"
"What?"
"About our friendship."
He scratched his head. "Oh umm. . . . Yeah. I was going to say-"
As if we were in a play and that was Mom's cue, she entered the room. "Hey, kids. Corey, how long are you staying?"
"Well, I think just today and tomorrow, ma'am."
"I wish you could stay longer!" I whined.
"Me too." He said. There was still something he wanted to tell me, but not in front of my mom. "Well, I guess I better get going. See ya tomorrow." He waved then walked to the living room to call his mom.
"See you tomorrow!" I shouted back. I was going to be in my room for a LONG time.                                                           
                                                           ------------
After I finally finished putting my room together, I went to the living room. I guess I took too long, because Corey was sitting on the couch with us armed crossed and trying to be serious.
I smiled and rolled my eyes. He could always make me smile. No matter what. "What? Did I keep you waiting, kind sir?" I asked, trying to act like a maid or something.
He straightened his back. "Well! I believe my room was supposed to be finished when I first got here, but apparently not!" He joked as he tilted his chin up so he looked like a sophisticated, stuck up, rich man.
Just then I heard his mom honk the horn. "Looks like you have to go. . . ." I said, breaking out of character.
"I'm still here for another day. . . ." He walked up to me, his face about two inches from mine.
"Kiss him! Just do it! You may regret it later, but it's worth it!" No. Under NO circumstances was I going to kiss Corey Haim if I didn't know he liked me back. That might make him run away forever, and I DO NOT want to lose him. Even if it meant covering up my true emotions. "I guess this is goodbye. . . ."
He looked at me, contemplating what he was going to do. Then, in a blink of an eye, he gave me a quick kiss. I was stunned, still processing what happened as his blushing face raced past mine and went out the door.