Drive

Hey guys! I'm sorry it's taking me so long to publish all the parts! 😕Hopefully now that school's out and I'm done with driver's ed, I'll have more time to publish my storiesI'm glad you're sticking with me! I hope you like it so far! 😁😄

We got out of the airport and into the car Dad bought for us. I looked at it in disgust, crinkling my nose. "What's the matter with it?" I took my finger and wiped the white stuff off of it.
"Well sweetie, you see, they get bad winters here, so they need to put salt on the roads so the snow and ice will melt off of them, so the salt gets on the car and leaves that." Great. Now we have a crappy looking, USED car! I got in and looked out the window, wishing that Corey was here to make a stupid joke about the car. I laughed. It'd probably be something like, "This car was really excited to see us!" Or, "We found the first bearded car!" I needed to get my mind off Corey and Cali. I needed to get to the house. I couldn't wait to get to the new house because one: I'd get to explore a new house, and two: so I could go in my room and just cry. Get everything out. Release all the tears I've been fighting back for the past two days. Dad got into the drivers seat and plugged in the TomTom.
"Okay..... Where are we going?"
Mom took out a little piece of paper. "Umm. . . .1838 Morning Dove Drive, Republic. There's a blue house, and that's where we are."
"Alright. Just let me plug that in the GPS. . . ." He tapped on the TomTom. "Okay. Let's get going!" He started the car and we were off. I looked out the window. The road wasn't as good as the ones in Cali, and there was barley anyone on it. Dad sped down the road until he saw a sign.
"What? All this open road and we can only go fifty five?!" Dad exclaimed, but slowed down. Pretty soon a car with a Upper Michigan plate passed us.
"Dad, they're going faster than we are, and they're from here, so I think we should go as fast as them." I said, wanting to get to the house as fast as I could.
"I better not. Don't want to get pulled over on our first day here."
I turned to the window again. "Okay." The place was WAY different from Cali. At least, the part I was from. We had palm trees in Cali, ONLY palm trees. If you saw any other type of tree, you were lucky. Here, they had any other kind of tree EXCEPT palm trees. In Cali, there was sun all the time, so basically there was an endless summer. Here, it could be sunny one minute and snowing the next! If my life hadn't just gotten uprooted, it would've been a BEAUTIFUL place. However, I wasn't really focused on beauty at that moment. Memories of Corey and me came flooding into my brain and filled my body with warmth, happiness and a twinge of sadness as I drifted off to sleep. When I woke up, everyone was quiet, which meant Mom and Dad had gotten to the end of their ropes and yelled at each other. I think we were almost there.
"Finally." Aaron said as we pulled into the drive way. He was the first one to get out of the car, and I was the second. I stared at the house. It wasn't as big as our Cali house, but it wasn't small. I walked up to the door, turned the knob and. . . . It was locked.