Home?

The house was pretty much bare, which was kind of depressing. I ran my hand along the hallway wall as I walked. The paint was old and the walls were a faded yellow and stained with God knows what. There were outlines of where pictures used to hang up, the paint underneath them untouched by grime, making it look fresh. Boy, this house was going to be a real project! I got through the hallway and turned to the stairs. The first flight led to the main door. If you turned to the left past the main door, there was another flight of stairs that led to the creepiest part of the house. Of any house, really. . . . The basement.
It was still light out, so I decided to explore while I still had the guts. I went down the flight of stairs and directly across from me was a bathroom. It wasn't as old as the rest of the house, so the previous owners must've put it in. I decided to look in it. I found the light switch and turned it on. It was decent, but small. There was a shower, and toilet, and a sink. I turned the sink on, and it splashed me. I hurried to turn the sink off. Great. I went out the bathroom, and into a different room. I looked around. There was white carpeting on the floor, so stained and old it looked more beige. It was unraveling at the end that stuck out. There were empty book shelves on the far wall. "So. . . I take it they were readers?"  I moved towards the book shelf. Boy, it was dusty. I'd need to dust it off to start my own collection sometime. I walked towards the guest bedroom. It was pretty small, but it had a room all to itself, and another bookcase. I noticed a light switch by the door, so I turned it on, but nothing happened. There were a couple books still on the shelf, so I decided to take one. I went over to the black one with green lettering on it, and started to pull it out. It was stuck! I pulled on it harder. It moved a little, but it would never move all the way out. "Wait. . . is the back of the bookcase glowing. . . .?" I went over to the edge of the bookcase and tugged on it. The light became brighter. I realized there were wheels on the bookcase, so I pulled harder. The bookcase swung open, and in its place there was a little soundproof room. "What the-" I was stopped in my tracks. "Could they have been criminals?!?!" I looked around and noticed a guitar pick. It must've just been a recording room or something. I put the guitar pick in my pocket. It was time to put my stuff in my room. After all, this was going to be home, right?
Hey guys! Thanks for bearing with me, lols 😂. Hope you like the story so far and sorry it's taking so long, I'm just getting caught up in my other stories, ha ha. My family doesn't know I'm on the wifi today, so I'll try to publish as many parts as I can!