Chapter 2: The Aftermath

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned as I reached out to grab my phone. It was 8:00 am and I felt like complete ass. I shouldn't have drunken that much last night. Feeling my stomach turn, I make a B line to the bathroom and I threw up. My head was pounding! I got up, brushed my teeth and took a few aspirin. I walked to Chanel's bed and sat on it.

"Chanel, get up, we gotta get ready." I said groggily.

Chanel stirs in her sleep and then gets up moaning. She gets out of bed without a word and walks into the bathroom. I hear her retching and gagging. I set a big ass bottle of water and some pills on the table in our living room. I walked back to my closet and scavenged through it. I settle on a Howard short sleeved t-shirt, leggings with pink written on the sides, a black nike visor, and some nike slides. Chanel comes out the bathroom and goes to sit on her bed. She's never been a morning person and neither have I. I turn the hot water on and hop in immediately, letting the relaxing hot water hit my body. I wash my body and face, then I get out the shower. I dry my body off and slip on my black boy-shorts from pink on, then put on the matching bra with it. I walk out the bathroom and Chanel is finally out of her little morning stage.

"Hey MiMi, where you trying to eat later?" she asks while setting her clothes out on her bed.

"Ahhh shit.. How about Shake Shack?" I say while pulling leggings up.

"Oooh yeah, I could go for a burger from there." Chanel replies right before she closes the bathroom door. I walk to the fridge and look for something to eat. I settle on just making a cup of coffee. I set the coffee machine up and watch the coffee brew. When its done, I put some cream and sugar in it and pour it over some ice in a styrofoam cup. I take a sip from the caffeinated goodness and walk back by my bed to finish getting dressed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Chanel! Bring your ass on!" I yell while opening the door.

"I'm coming!" Chanel yelled while putting her shoe on. Chanel ran to the door and we left the dorms. We soon pulled up to the complex downtown. We had a bunch of money saved up from both working 2 jobs and doing hair. You gotta collect ya coins sis!

We walked up to the elevator, go to the eighteenth floor, and to room 308 and the door. I pull the key out my bag and unlock the door.

"Oooh, it's so pretty!" Chanel said

"Oooh, it's so pretty!" Chanel said. I walked towards our rooms. They were identical and our bathrooms were as well.

 They were identical and our bathrooms were as well

The apartment was huge and it was gorgeous

The apartment was huge and it was gorgeous. We finally found a place that felt like home in this city.

"I think it's time we bought this bad boy." I smile.
Chanel smiles at me and we hug in the middle of the apartment. I called the owner and confirmed the purchase. We had to give her the money tomorrow. We leave the apartment and head for Shake Shack.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After smashing the delicious food, I sip on my black and white shake in the car. While I was talking to Chanel about how we are going to move all of our stuff out by ourselves before classes start back up when my phone went off.

Jeremiah😍🤤 : hey.

I can't believe he really put his name in like that.

Me: hey, what's up?

Jeremiah😍🤤: nothing much, i just wanted to ask if you wanted to chill or something later?

Oh dear lord. What should I say...

Me: Sure, when and where?

Jeremiah😍🤤: Hard Rock Cafe on 10th and East Street @ 6 , bring Chanel Elijah gon be here.

Me: Bet.

"Chanel, looks like we going somewhere tonight."

"Look at you, making plans and all of a sudden wanting to go out and shit, where we going bestfriend?" she asks.

"Hard Rock Cafe, 6, and Elijah gone be there and somebody else."

"Who is this someone else?" she eyes me.

"Jeremiah Johnson. I met him at the party last night and he seems like a cool person, but then again I was drunk off my ass so we'll see."

"I see you, sis! We gone have you looking fine as hell I see." she giggles.

What have I gotten myself into?