Chapter 20: The Fantastic Four

Chanel's POV:

"C'mon Mi! It's almost 4:00!" I yelled waiting at the door. Miyah rushed out of her room with her small black purse. She had on a black and white Nike windbreaker, black ripped jeans and black and white huaraches. I double checked myself in the mirror on the door. I had on a grey hoodie with roses on the sleeves, light blue ripped jeans and red and white high top vans.

"I couldn't find my other shoe. Let's go!" she replied walking out. I closed and locked the door behind me. As we walked downstairs to meet Jeremiah and Elijah, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket.

Elijah: J said bring y'all asses.

Me: we coming down now.

I slid my phone back in my pocket and walked towards Elijah's car. Miyah and I climbed in the backseat and buckled up.

"Alright so where are we going?" Elijah asked.

"Crofton Go Kart Raceway. I just sent you the address." Miyah said.

"Alright bet." he said putting the address in the GPS. He pulled off and Jeremiah turned some music on.

"I'm dusting y'all ass on these go karts. Be prepared." Jeremiah said cockily. Miyah smacked her lips and snapped back.

"You're not dusting shit."

"Oh really?" he said turning around in his seat.

"Yeah nigga!" I replied back laughing.

"Ayo hold on we not bouta gang up on my nigga like that." Elijah said paying attention to the road.

"Right." Jeremiah cosigned.

"I didn't ask for you to cosign nigga."

"Bro you supposed to be on my side!" Jeremiah whined.

" I am but hush." he laughed. He smacked his lips and reached behind the seat and popped Miyah on the leg. In response she flicked the back of his neck.

"C'mon kids! Daddy is trying to drive." Elijah said and I laughed. They both stopped and we all began to talk about music until we got there. Jeremiah and Miyah damn near flew out of the car in excitement. We all walked into the small building to pay for ourselves. After we paid, we listened to the older man give his lecture and we were allowed to race.

"Y'all asses is mine!" Jeremiah said putting his helmet on. Miyah rolled her eyes and placed her helmet on her head. As I was putting on my helmet, I felt Elijah tap my shoulder. I turned around to see he had gotten the helmet stuck on his head. I reached up and pulled his helmet down onto his head.

"Thanks Nel. Can I talk to you about something later?" he said walking towards the go karts.

"Yeah." I said right behind him. We all climbed into our karts and strapped ourselves in.

"Now we're here to have fun. No bumping or foul mouthing. Keep your hands in the kart at all times. Keep in mind that these karts can be dangerous, so please be careful. Are we ready?" a young man said with enthusiasm. We all yelled yes in response and he moved the orange cone from in front of the first kart.  Jeremiah was in the front, Miyah was next, I was after Miyah and Elijah was last.