Chapter 12: Chanel Doesn't Play

Chanel's POV:

I sat on the couch at Elijah and Jeremiah's apartment, waiting for him to come back. Jeremiah was playing 2k, and I sat and watched him. Elijah had been acting off as of late. He wouldn't tell me what was wrong either. I then started to evaluate these last few weeks. He had been real distant and short with me. He was never here and he would come back late as Jeremiah says. Then what Miyah told me the other day something isn't adding up.

If he was cheating on me, then I would assume it's the girl named Kiara. She was his "best friend" , which I didn't like because I don't like that friendly shit, and he tells me not to worry about her. It's real suspicious. I get up and walk in his room. Fuck privacy, let me find out he cheating on me. I look in his nightstand and found the usual. Pre-rolled blunts,condoms, and lighters.

I look in the trash can, the sheets, and lastly the bathroom. I open the door to leave until something pink catches my eye. I looked behind the door to find a pink thong lying on the floor. It was surely way too small to be mine, so I stood there fuming. I keep that in mind, and walked back to the couch and watched Jeremiah once more. Then, I get a call from Elijah.

"Hello?"

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"At your place, wondering where you're at. What are YOU doing?"

"I'm uh on my way." I hear a feminine voice laughing in the background.

"Who the fuck is that?" I ask and Jeremiah's neck snaps around.

"It's nobody, don't worry about it." I hear the voice go "Why she tripping?"

"Hell no. It's somebody there. Talk to me when you get here." I hang up the phone and Jeremiah is stunned.

"He fucked up. Miyah gone have to be over here for this one." he says grabbing his phone.
I sat there pissed as hell. If it's that Kiara girl, boy it's not gonna be pretty. I stood up and paced around the couch. About 15 minutes later, Miyah busts in.

"ChaCha! Bitchhh, I know damn well he's not cheating. Do he know he got the wrong one?" she asks.

"Thought the same thing." I reply nonchalantly.

"Girl, wait till he get home it's the O!" she yells. I laugh at her stupid ass and sat in the kitchen. She went to play Jeremiah in 2k and I was enjoying watching them. Hours pass and he still wasn't there. I walked over to the couch and sat and watched the movie Jeremiah and Miyah were watching, it was one of my favorites; White Chicks. I laugh at some of the funny scenes but Elijah's weighing heavy on my mind.

It's almost 11 and I hear the doorknob turning. Miyah and Jeremiah cut the TV off quick and I stand right next to the door. Elijah comes in and when he sees me , he's petrified. I just give him a look and he looks down like a sad ass dog.

"Who was that in the car?" I ask calmly.

He doesn't reply so I step closer to him.

"Who.was.in.the.car?" I ask again.

"K-Kiara..." he says quietly.

"What were y'all doing?"

"N-nothing." he twists his hair and looks down. I know for a fact he's lying now. He only does that when he lies.