Chapter 4: The Day Before School

Miyah's POV:

The Next Afternoon

Chanel and I were currently packing up our things from our room. We had set a deadline to finish by 7, and we had half of the room done. Things were moving a little quicker because Jeremiah and Elijah came to help. We had an assembly line going on, Chanel and I would pack the stuff up and then Jeremiah and Elijah would take it down to Jeremiah's truck, then drive it to the new apartment. It was 3 o'clock and Chanel was folding our bedspreads while I was lifting the boxes by the doorway.

We cleared out the bathroom, my closet, my pictures and other personal belongings, shoes. We still had to do Chanel's closet, and her shoes. I help her out with the rest of the bedspreads and as we are putting the rest of them in the boxes, the boys are taking the boxes by the door. We get started on her shoes while they take the boxes down to the car. Chanel, why most you have so many shoes!

After we finish with her shoes, we start on her monstrosity of a closet. I'm three seconds off of just throwing her clothes in the back of the truck, no box no nothing. My head is killing me and I didn't take my migraine medication, nor have I eaten. Nevertheless, I'm pretty cranky, and classes start tomorrow. I have all of my school stuff at the new apartment. I start my clinical this year. A long 30 minutes later, we finished her closet, and I double checked the room for anything that was left behind. When it was clear, I closed the door and locked it and went to turn in the key. After that, I went to my car and Chanel went to hers and we drove to the apartment.

When we got there , the boys were arguing about sports and the boxes were scattered across the living room floor. I sighed in frustration and grabbed a few boxes to put in my bed room. Chanel looks at me worriedly , but I pay no mind to it, I'm in a super pissy mood. I just stay quiet and move my boxes in my room. I begin to put my clothes and shoes. in the closet, as "Come & Talk to Me" by Jodeci plays throughout my room. When I finish that, I put my pictures up and put my soaps and toiletries in my bathroom. I walk back into the living room to see Elijah and Chanel caked up on the couch while Jeremiah sits there awkwardly. I took my chance to scare him. Sneaking up behind him quietly I blow lightly on his neck and dip down and move quickly to the other side of the couch. He looks and scratches his neck. I stifle a laugh and sneak up behind him and grab him. He jumps and almost falls on the floor. Chanel, Elijah and I are cracking up as he sat on the floor, laughing with us.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Several hours later, we all sat in the living room, watching Family Feud. We were waiting on the Chinese food to get delivered. I started to drift off into sleep when Jeremiah yelled at the T.V. I popped up quick as hell, startled.

"My bad, Miyah." He laughs.

"So funny!"

There's a knock at the door and the food is finally here. I gave the guy our money, and placed the food on the table.

"Time to eat kiddies!"

I pulled my box of shrimp fried rice and sesame chicken out of the bag, grabbed silverware, and a few packs of soy sauce, and sat at the table in the kitchen. I began to eat my food while the others join me. We all eat and talk about classes tomorrow. Jeremiah has government and a debate club meeting, Chanel has some speech communication class, Elijah has chorus, and I have clinical to start. I was so entranced in the food, I forgot that I was even at the table all together.