Chapter 14: First Time

Miyah's POV:

1 month later...

"Jeremiah, no you goofball give me my brush." I reached up and tried to grab my brush from him. He chuckled and held the brush higher up from my reach. Annoyed, I crossed my arms and looked up at him. Then, I stabbed his sides with my fingers and he dropped the brush. I picked it up and ran it through my hair once again. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

"What do you want to do today?" Jeremiah asks while hugging me from behind.

"Hmmm. I think I have an idea." I say playfully while fixing myself in the mirror. I had just gotten out the shower and I was dressed. I had on some grey leggings and a long ripped shirt with some white nikes. He had on some light wash jeans and one of his white hoodies with a snapback and his Africa necklace. It was the end of January. It got cold here but it could never touch Michigan's winter. It was 46 degrees so I grabbed a jacket before we left.

"Where?" he asks.

"It's a surprise." I say mocking him. He smacks his lips and flicked my forehead. I rolled my eyes and we walked down to my car. Chanel had a group assignment to do. It was something about a segment on their morning show, when she told me I was half asleep. I hadn't heard from Elijah but according to Jeremiah he's been in his room and won't come out. I felt bad for him but I mean he knew what he was getting himself into. I don't think he's getting over Chanel anytime soon. We hopped in my car and of course Jeremiah wanted to drive but I wouldn't let him. However, I let him have the aux cord. He plugged his phone in and played "PRBLMS" by 6LACK. It was one of my favorite songs so I quietly sang along while driving. Jeremiah starts to sing extremely loudly to the song. I side-eyed the hell out of him and he quieted down. We reach a stop light and I reached into my purse to get a sleeping mask that I had brought with me.

"Put this on." I told Jeremiah while handing him the mask.

"Why?" he asked eyeing the mask.

"Just do it!!" I begged while pouting my lip out. He huffed and put it on. I smiled in delight and pulled into the skating rink parking lot.

"Don't take it off yet." I told him getting out the car. I walked to the other side and helped him out the car. I held his hand and led him inside. I took off his blindfold and his face lit up like a christmas tree.

"I love skating! How'd you know?" he asks smiling at me.

"I know everything." I winked at him. We paid for our skates and walked into the rink. The speakers had the room booming, it wasn't very busy which made me very happy because it was like we had the place to ourselves.

We walked over to a bench and slipped our skates on. I made sure they were tied tight enough around my feet and stood up. Jeremiah grabbed my hand and stood up. We hit the floor and lapped around the rink a few times before we were both extremely thirsty. We skated to the concessions and he bought himself and I some cherry slushies. We then found a table in the back of the rink. I hurriedly drank mine up and got back on the floor.

I skated around a few times while Jeremiah finished his slushie. He joined me again and held my hand while we went around again. He was really good at skating, he could even skate backwards. Then, one of my favorite songs came on. The intro of "Red Light Special" by TLC played throughout the rink. He skated in front of me and began to skate backwards while holding my hands.