Saturday

Karine's POV

I let myself sleep till eight on Saturday morning when I get up and eat real breakfast for once rather than running out the door like a Japanese School Girl trying to eat toast.  I decide to Skype my mom and sister and talk for a couple hours.  I haven't got to talk to the since I moved to Florida (I'm originally from Oregon).  My oldest sister who was also a major in biology asked me about the exams we had to take.  I told her it was easy, which it was if you studied. My youngest sister who is ten was rambling on and on about a bug she found constantly shoving it in front of the camera so I could get a good look.  When the oldest of us two started rambling about the bug she ran off telling us to be quiet.  My other little sister was at a track meet while the last one was at a sleep over with her best friend.  When things finally settled down My oldest sister my mom and my 16 year old bro all hovered around the computer asking me about how my first week at the aquarium was.  (She has five younger siblings, In order from oldest yo youngest it goes Tessa, David, Melody, Hope, and Grace.  They maybe be important later)  I told them about Dave and Erifish but decided it was best to not mention several things like the falling in the fish tank, Feferi the mermaid and Eren.  They seemed thrilled that I was having fun but my bro could tell something was off.  In our made up sign language we used as kids he told me to call him that night when I got the chance.  It was almost noon when they had to go and I decided to grab a shower and start getting ready for my date.  Before I knew it it was 3:50 and I left to go across the street and wait for Jack.

"Hey your early Karine!"  I turn around and see Jack  He's wearing more casual clothes than he does to work.

"Hey Jack.  Wow you made me feel way over dressed."

"You looks fine.  Lets go."

We walk through town until we get to the movie theater.  We decide to see Star Wars.

"I'm sorry am nerd."  He said with a big goofy smile as he paid for his tickets.

"It's I am a nerd to."  I insisted that I payed for popcorn, drinks and all other snack I wanted.  I almost got everything they had.  The movie was pretty good and it was seven o clock when we got out to go to get dinner.  I suggested we eat at Olive Garden because it was my favorite.

"Hey I noticed you we're heading home late on Tuesday."

"Yea.  I was talking to Handmaid."

"About what the-me-and-Tavros-impulsively-jumped-in-a-giant-fish-tank-thing."

"Yea.  She was going to yell at us that morning after Signless left but Redglare stopped her.  She asked me about it that night as I was leaving work."

"Oh did you get in trouble for it."

"A little bit.  Signless explained what Feferi told him and we kinda got of the hook but I got a pretty stern lecture." I was lying through me teeth

"Was that all."

"Yea."

After dinner we took a walk on the beach.

"Thanks for taking me out today Jack."

"No problem don't mention it."  His red eyes sparkled in the sun.  I think I had to admit I had a crush on him.

The moment was perfect.  Then my phone rang.  It was David.  Great I forgot I had to call him

"Hey Bro.  Yea kinda busy.  Yea I know.  I'll call you back when I get home.  Fine fifteen minutes it okay."  I hung up and sighed.  "I'm going to have to call him back."

"Was that your brother."

"Yea.  He wasn't at home when my mom skyped me this morning so he missed me and wanted to check on me but I told him I was busy and I'd call him back in 15."  That time I wasn't completely lying.

"Well it seemed.  Pretty important.  I'll walk you back home."  Jack and I walked back to my apartment and said good night.  I quickly kissed his cheek and closed the door.  And not a moment too so.  My phone rang again.

"Okay we're good."

I then spent the next two hours telling everything to my little brother.