Confiding

Karine's POV

When I got home that night David had made dinner and Tessa was washing the dishes. Simba was purring rubbing against her legs.

"Hey sis your home."

"Hey David."

"Mom called."

"What did she say."

"She says she can't come. There expecting a very bad storm. She said she would call if she could though."

"Okay." I go to my desk and pull out the file folder and write things on the papers inside.

"Hey sis you okay."

"Bro I'm fine."

"You don't really seem like it."

"Okay. I'm not."

"I got it. Tell me after Tessa goes to bed." David sat on the couch watching YouTube on his phone while I read a book. When Tessa finished the dishes she went to bed.

"So Karine what's been going on."

"What do you know about recent events at work."

"Not a lot at all. I've heard people talk about someone named Jack."

"Jack was a friend of mine who worked with me. He drowned on the boat the day after the storm we had back in November. The day before you and Tessa got here."

"Are you serious."

"Yea I was there. After Jack fell over Cal decided it wasn't safe and took us back to shore. The next day we went out to go look for him and all we managed to find was the cross he always wore."

"That must of been horrible for you."

"It was."

"Sis be honest. Did you like him."

"Kind of. I think he liked me too. Before the accident a few weeks ago we went out."

"I'm sorry." My brother hugged me.

"I'll be fine. I know he wouldn't want me to worry about him too much."

"Well how about we do something before Tessa has to leave."

"Where is she going."

"She wants to get home before the snow sets in. She was planning on leaving in the morning"

David was right. She just left earlier than expected. By the time we woke up in the morning she had left. She did leave us our Christmas presents. She got me a lot of chocolate and David got a pack of sour gummy worms. Before we left for work I remembered to grab Feferi and Eren's presents. The rest of my friends presents we're in my closet.

"Sis if you want to take those today we can just drive."

"How we don't have a car."

"Yea. How do you think I got here. I drove. Tessa decided to fly back home."

"Okay want to help me load everything in the car then."

"No problem." We got to work and ran into Luke in the parking lot. He was sniffling and carring something in his jacket.

"Luke are you alright." He looked up at me. His glasses were smashed into his face and his nose was bleeding. One of his lower teeth were missing.

"Lets get inside. You need to come to the infirmary and get cleaned up." I lead him inside and down the hall.

"Karine. Is he alright." We both looked up at Kanaya. When she saw Luke's face she had us basically run down the hall. Luke sat down on the table while I looked at his face.

"Mituna get me a needle and some thread." Luke's lip was cut open and needed stitches. I stitched the cut closed and gave him some advil. He cleaned the blood off his face but his nose and glasses were both broken.

"Luke who did this to you?"

"Some random guy. He was trying to get the file I had." He took a folder out of his jacket and showed it to me. These we're the papers Mituna and Luke kept about Eren and Feferi.

This was weird.