Feferi's Secret

Karine's POV

Handmaid asked me to stay later at work.  Earlier that day after we finished checking up on Eren she wanted to go back to her own tank and be with Feferi.  So we took her back to her tank and her and Feferi stayed underwater.  When neither of them came up for dinner I started to get worried.

"Handmaid."

"What is it musume."

"Eren and Feferi never came up for dinner.  Should I be worried."

"No."

"Why not."

"I know exactly what their doing.  There going to need help.  Is it  too much trouble to ask that you stay very late tonight,"

"No it's fine with me."

"Good now after we close and almost everyone leaves put on some diving gear and meet my by Feferi's tank."

"Okay I will."

"Thank you musume."

Mostly everyone had gone home by nine but Jack stayed behind.

"Hey Karine how late are you staying tonight."

"I don't know, you don't have to wait for me."

"Well I could use this time to finish putting stuff in the computer.  I have to do inventory every time we get new stuff and put it all away."

"Well stay if you want to I guess.  I have to go now."

"Your leaving.  I thought you just said you we're staying late."

"I meant I leaving this room because where I have to work tonight is in a different part of the aquarium."

"Oh okay bye."  I wave to him nervously before leaving the room.  After I got ready I waited by Feferi's tank like Handmaid told me to.  When she got their we climb the stairs to the top of the tanks and jumped into the larger of the two.  I swam downward until I could see blue light at the bottom.  I went in the same cave Feferi went in when me and Tavros we're down here.  I could see both the girls sitting there over a table working on something.

"They have been doing this for as long as I can remember but they said they couldn't tell me what it was until they finished."  I swim over to the table and their mixing two different colored liquids together.  They continue what their doing almost like they hadn't noticed me.

"How long have they been working on this."

"Feferi probably for twenty years.  Eren has been helping her with it since she got here."

Then both of them let out and excited yelp.  Feferi squealed and Eren's usual blue luminescent scaled turned pink instead.

"I've never seen her do that before.  Maybe the color changes based on her mood."  Feferi took a flask and handed to me.

"Drink it!"  I did as I was told.  It was oddly warm but tasted like raspberry cake.  While I was drinking Feferi kissed my forehead.  I felt weird and dizzy.  Just then their was this blinding flash of light around me.  The girls excitedly clapped their hands while Handmaid stared at me.  I went to breath and noticed I didn't have my diving gear on.  I look down and I look like Feferi except my tail was orange.  Wait what?  I had a tail now?  What was going up?  Handmaid pointed up and us three followed her.

"I've heard Feferi's kiss had the power to change people into mer-trolls for a short period of time.  It happened to Dolorosa when Feferi first got here.  That must of been what they were working on, was a way to turn people into mer-trolls.

"Good.  Do we have any idea how to change me back?"

All three of them nodded no.

Great now I was a mermaid