Cheer Up

Karine's POV

The day after Jack's accident Cal asked me if I wanted to go out on the boat with him and help him look for him. I agreed. Kanaya told Psiioniic I wasn't going to be at the aquarium today. By now everyone had heard about Jack. Psiioniic just said that before I could go with Cal I had to help Sollux check on Eren.

"Hey Karine."

"What do you want Sollux."

"I just wanted to ask if you we're okay."

"Why would you care? Now he's probably dead. The last interation you two had you we're yelling at him!"

"I'm sorry okay."

"No just shut up and leave me alone." I don't want to deal with him. I walk out and leave him alone with Eren. I walked back to the infirmary and Psiioniic said I could go with Cal. Karkat walked with me to the dock. When we got their Cal was waiting on the boat for me talking to someone else who looked a lot like Karkat.

"Seriously!"

"What is it Karkat."

"Look who Cal's talking to."

"A person."

"Yea. My older brother!" Cal looked up and waved at us. I walk over to the boat with Karkat trailing behind me.

"Hello Karkat I haven't seen you for a long time."

"Yea hi Kankri. Thanks for leaving me and Dad so you could go join the coast gaurd."

"I see. Your still mad at me about that."

"I can not believe you left. Do you have any idea what I went through. Dad was sick when you left. If it weren't for Dolorosa. Just never mind. I'll never forgive you." Karkat stormed off. His brother sighed heavily.

"Well we may as well get going. The sooner the better." Cal started the engine. We started heading out to around to where we ended up losing Jack the day before.

"Kankri what was Karkat so upset about." He looked up at me.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. My little brother has a bit of a temper. After I graduated high school I joined the coast gaurd. I left Karkat alone with our dad who was really sick at the time. He had to take care of him by himself. He never forgave me for leaving."

I had no response. Instead I look over the side of the boat.

"Cal hold on I think I see something." I leaned close to the water to grab it. It was Jack's necklace.

"Karine what did you find." I hold it up. It was a silver chain with a cross on it. Kankri grabbed it out of my hand.

"But this doesn't make any sense. It would have sunk to the bottom soon after he fell over. The only way it could be this close to the surface was if he or whoever had his necklace was here recently." After almost two hours of searching around the area I finally decide to dive in the water and look for him. No luck. We finally went back to shore by the time it was almost eight o clock that night. The only thing we could find was his cross which I now wore around my neck. Cal, Kankri and I decided to go get some dinner. As we walked out to Cal's car my phone rang.

"Hey sis."

"David. Hey what's up."

"Where are you."

"I was going out to dinner with Kankri and Cal."

There was muffled noise.

"Hey K."

"Tessa?"

"Yea we're at your apartment."

"Your where?"

"Your place. Simba's as fluffy as he was like two years ago when you graduated."

"Your not joking then. Okay you two want to go out to dinner with us?"

"Three actually."

"Who else did you bring?"

"Your BFF."

"Ashia?"

"Yea."

"Okay well. Bro do you know where the Carribean Bar is?"

"Yea."

"We're going to eat there."

"Sis me and Tess aren't 21."

"We're not drinking. They have a restuarant with the best food like ever."

"Okay. Meet you there in twenty minutes."

"Okay bye sis."

I end the call and put my phone back in my pocket. We get in the car and start driving to the bar.

"Hey Karine what was the phone call about."

"My siblings said they we're going to come visit in two weeks but came way early. They also brought my best friend. But I told them to meet us and we were gonna eat together if that was alright with you."

"Yea its fine I was just wondering. You sounded surprised."

"I was. There visit came as a surprise to me." I look down at my text from David. He let me know they we're waiting for us outside. I also saw a text from my mom that she sent shortly after we headed out on the boat.

"Hey Karine by the way Tessa and David are on their way to visit."

Too bad I didn't see it earlier.

Dinner was fun. For a while I had forgotten about Jack.