❀ Chapter 16: Rendezvous ❀

"Does this mean—"

"I like you."

You gulped as Kai held your hand tighter. You stopped walking and turned to him. Kai innocently blinked at you.

If you're wondering where are you two right now, you sneaked out of the house by climbing up the gates again to get out.

For some reason, you felt adrenaline running through your veins as you walk with Kai in the dark night. Well, it wasn't really that dark since there are light posts and some lights on from afar but still dark.

"A-Are you sure?" You asked, almost choking at his sudden confession. Kai grinned, pulling your hand lightly.

"Why? Are you doubting my feelings for you?"

"No! It's not that. It's just- I don't know. I'm not sure." You mumbled, looking away from his stare.

"Hey. Look at me, babe."

You blushed as his hands found their ways to your rosy cheeks.

Thank goodness for the dim lights.

You looked back at him, seeing how his brown eyes sparkled as they stared back at you. Kai suddenly smirked.

"You just want me to kiss you again, huh?"

Your eyes widened, pushing his face away immediately.

"No way! I was just asking if you're sincere or not, so I won't be hoping for more!"

You almost stopped breathing when you straightly said that without even filtering your words before it came out from your unstoppable mouth.

Kai's smirk was wiped off as he heard you. His eyes turning into puppy ones.

"Uhm. Don't mind what I just said—"

He hugged you, making his head home on the crook of your neck. His brown fluffy hair tickled your ear, making you giggle unintentionally. You bit your lip as you refrained giggling more.

"You like that, baby?" Kai whispered teasingly, shaking his head, making you giggle as his hair tickles you.

"S-Stop." You mumbled, pushing him away. He let you push him away with a grin but his arms stayed on your waist. You averted your eyes from him. "You're so touchy. We're not even official."

Kai laughed before gently pinching your waist, making you jump.

"I like you, Lin. So much that my eyes hurt when I see you."

"Yah! Is that even a good thing?!" You said, hitting his chest.

Oh ghad. It's a wall.

"Of course, baby, it is. My eyes hurt when I see you because I can't look at your blinding beauty— HEY!"

You quickly walked away as you escaped from his grasp, making pout as he follow you in the dark.

"And here I am, thinking I'll receive a better confession than before." You thought out loud as you hear Kai's footsteps behind you.

"What? Than before? Someone confessed to you already?" He asked incredulously, making you glare at him.

"What? I thought you think I'm beautiful? What's with your—"

"I'm jealous."

You gapped at him as you reached the playground. Kai was pouting like a child as he grabbed your hand and led you to the swing. He made you sit on one and sat on the swing beside yours.