❀ Chapter 18: Happy Smile ❀

The days passed like wind and you didn't even notice tomorrow's Friday already.

"So, you'll be going home at 4 tomorrow?" Jongdae asked, looking at you. You nodded.

"Yes that's right, Jongdae-ssi. I'll have dinner with my family tomorrow. I hope for your—"

"Of course! You can go home early tomorrow. If it's about family matters, you're excused." Jongdae grinned, slightly patting your back. "Now, get back to work."

You smiled then obeyed his order.

"Hmm. You'll be having a family dinner tomorrow? I thought you said you don't have a family?" Tiffany said with an eyebrow raised. You shrugged.

"Well, my dongsaeng said I should go since we'll be having a family dinner. I think it's about time to know the person who'll marry my father." You said, wiping the counters this time. "I can't always run away from him."

"You've got a point there. You're doing the right thing, baby."

You almost choked on your saliva when you heard that familiar nickname.

"P-Please refrain from calling me that." You stuttered, facing away from Tiffany's amused gaze.

"What? Baby? Why?" Tiffany suddenly appeared in front of you with a teasing smile. You gulped. "Hmm. Maybe there's already someone who's calling you that—"

"Unnie, stop." You said, quickly walking away from her. Tiffany giggled as she watched you get flustered.

"I'm right then." Tiffany whispered with a grin.

"Why did she walk away?"

Tiffany turned to the newcomer.

"Oh, Hyuk. You're here."

"What's with that bored face, noona? You don't want me here?" Joohyuk frowned.

"Eh." Tiffany just looked at him wit a blank face. "You're gonna leave anyway, so it's better to get used to not having your presence."

"Yah! That's mean!" Joohyuk whined, stomping his feet like a kid. Tiffany just hummed.

"I wonder how will their dinner go." She mumbled.

"I hope her father doesn't do anything that will hurt Lin again. I don't like seeing that girl cry. Like ever." Joohyuk said, looking at you, who's currently checking all the appliances to be used later.

"Yeah. I don't like it either."

♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫ ❧ ♫

"Yah."

You ignored the call and continued brushing your hair in front of the mirror.

"Where are you going?"

You grabbed your lip balm and put some on your lips. You spread it with your mouth with a popping sound.

"Why are you wearing that?"

Yo almost rolled your eyes at the trespasser but you just grabbed your sling bag and started putting the necessary things you'll bring.

"Are you going on a date?!"

Cellphone. Wallet. Powder. Lip balm. House key. Hair tie. What else?

"With whom?! I thought you like m—"

You turned to Kai and glared at him.

"Will you please stop interrogating me? You even walked inside my room without knocking. And what do you mean by 'that'?" You looked down at your outfit.