Chapter 3: KillerSnow

Caitlin could hear herself laughing in the distance as the image once again appeared in her mind.  In her dream, of her first kill.  The terrified look on the police officer's face as he realized he was going to die.  As she allowed the ice to form around the man's body.  She hadn't wanted to harm anybody that night.  She hadn't wanted to harm anyone at all.  But things had happened so quick.  She didn't even know she was doing it.  Her mother had warned her the more she used her powers, the more they would consume her.  She would no longer be Caitlin Snow.

As she heard Cisco's voice yelling her name and the image fading away, Killer Frost jolted awake.  "Hey.."  She felt Ronnie stirring next to her and sitting up as she had woken up.  Feeling him rest his hand on hers she somewhat began to calm down.  She glanced over at him.  "Are you okay?"  He asked watching her with a worried expression.  Caitlin nodded.  "I'm fine.."

"No you're not Cait.."  Caitlin suddenly gave him a cold glare.  "Don't call me that name."  She said in a cool voice.  Ronnie looked a bit surprised at the sudden change.  "You have seemed off since that heist a few days ago.  You've done something I haven't seen you do in a long time."  Caitlin could suddenly feel herself a little on edge.  Usually Ronnie had been the one person who could surprisingly calm her down.  She needed to get out of here.  "Oh?  And what would that be?.."  He hesitated a moment.  "You hesitated to kill..."  Caitlin took a deep breath to try and keep herself calm.  She could feel herself needing to draw on to Ronnie's heat.  But she knew she wouldn't be able to stop.  And she didn't want to hurt him like she had Barry that night.  And she knew if she started to draw his heat, she wouldn't be able to stop, and she would kill him.  "I...  I have to go."  She slowly stood up.  Ronnie watched her even more surprised.  "Cait..  I mean Frost.."  Caitlin could see Ronnie was feeling bad, he wasn't able to help her.  She slowly walked around to him and placed her hand on his arm.  Doing her best to control herself so she wouldn't freeze him.  "I just need some fresh air.  I'll be back.  Promise."  She leaned forward to give Ronnie a kiss to try to tell him she was alright and not to worry then exited out of the place and out onto the streets.

Caitlin had turned down the corner of the next street to make her way towards the parkway.  She was hoping since it was late in the evening there would be less people walking about.  She didn't want to draw attention, or hurt anyone.  She needed to clear her mind.  You're becoming weak.  She heard a voice inside her head say as soon as she left the building and it was quiet enough for her to try and clear her mind.  "I am not weak!"  She said allowed not realizing that she had.  Yes you are. 

Caitlin lifted her hands to rub her forefingers to her temples to try and clear her mind and think.  "Leave me alone.."  She mumbled.  You should do better to live up to your name..  Killer Frost..  What will your dear Ronnie think?  When he sees how weak you've become?  "I said shut up!"  She yelled extending her hand to let a streak of ice fling out of her hand to freeze the water, making a pure white sheet of glass appear above the water. 

"Miss.. Are you alright?"  She heard someone ask from behind her.  Caitlin took a deep breath.  Someone spotted her.  She couldn't be caught and taken in.  Caitlin turned around slowly and smirked to see the shocked expression on the man's face.  But before he could say or do anything, she let another streak of ice loose and aimed it towards his neck, laughing as it hit the side of his neck, and he fell to the ground unconscious.  She then slowly stepped forward and squatted down next to him.  "I've never felt better."  She said to him in an eerily tone.  "How's that for weak."  She hissed at the voice that had been inside her head.

She stood up after a few seconds.  She knew just the person who she needed to go to.  Once she made it to Vibe's location, she heard his voice immediately.  "I knew you'd be coming.... Killer.... Frost.."  He said giving her a small smirk.