Chapter 18: The Escape

Vibe was ready to turn around and leave the pipeline as well when he heard Caitlin speaking to her.  "You aren't going to leave me in here are you?"  She asked in her somewhat sweet Caitlin voice.  Vibe took a deep breath and  turned back around to face Caitlin.  "As they said.  It's for the best, for your own safety.  Zoom is trying to be out to get you, and this is the only way I can stop my vision of you becoming Killer Frost being true."  Caitlin gave him a cold glare and could see her eyes trying to flicker between her alter egos.  But being in the pipeline, he knew he'd be safe from her since it blocked her powers.  "You don't really believe that do you?  You know very well that I can take care of myself very well Franseeesco.."  She said emphasizing the full name he hated.  "You have seen it.."

Vibe glared at her.  "Don't..  Use that name. You know I hate it."  He said in a cold voice.  Caitlin held her hands up as if she was going to surrender.  "I will leave you alone?  As soon as you let me out of this hell hole."  Vibe rolled his eyes.  "Not likely.."  He went over to use his handprint so he could close the cell door.  As he barely pressed the keypad with the palm of his hand he heard Caitlin's voice again.  "Wait!..."  Vibe took a deep breath stalling his movements and turned to Caitlin.  "Yes?"  "What if I promise to work with you guys.  If you let me go?  I want to take down Zoom as much as any of you do.  We could be a great team again.  Just like old times.  And I would be the one to be best to stop him.  I do have ice powers after all.  Ice and speed are opposites are they not?  You could use me as a bait.  I could hit him with ice to slow him down to bring him down here to the pipeline till you guys can figure out a plan to get rid of him completely.." 

Vibe stayed quiet a moment as he let Caitlin's idea sink in.  He didn't like the idea of letting her go and putting her in danger.  If she came between him and Zoom, and he couldn't get to her quick enough should Zoom try to kill her.  Not to mention, he wasn't sure if she could be trusted, she could have a whole other motive in mind.  "I have a new proposition for you.."  Caitlin raised her eye slightly curious.  "If I let you go, we work together.  I don't exactly trust Barry, Cisco and Joe.  I will team up with you just as you wanted me to to begin with.  Just the two of us.  We can team up like old times."  He grinned."  Caitlin gave him a small smirk in return.  "Sounds like a good plan to me.."  She said in her eery tone.  "Now open the door.."  Vibe still looked a bit hesitant.  He knew that they would be blocked by Barry as soon as he opened the gate as they had cameras.

"There's one little problem..  We won't escape very far with the cameras."  Caitlin rolled her eye.  "Leave that to me.  Let me out, and I can deal with the security system.  Vibe nodded before slowly pressing his hand on the keypad to open the door.  Caitlin smirked as she watched the door open.  Stepping out quickly, she walked to where the camera to the pipeline was and aimed her hand at it to shoot an ice pellet at it, knocking it out.  "Right, now we need to move.."  Vibe said before turning to take his exit out of the pipeline.  Caitlin kept her smirk turning towards Vibe and sending an ice pellet towards him aiming at the back of his neck to knock him out.  She laughed as she felt him grunt in pain before collapsing to the floor.  She then made her way over to him and squatted next to his figure as she noticed his eyes starting to close.  "You didn't honestly think I would let you work with me after your pathetic stunt with Zoom did you?  Zoom is mine!"  She got up and took her leave.  "Cait.."  Vibe muttered trying to stop her, but he wasn't able to and he watched her round the corner and disappear before his world went black.