Chapter 13: A Failed Facade

"Where are we going? Cisco asked as he continued to walk along next to Zoom. Zoom gave a small grin. "I'm going to show you what it takes to really be a God.. Cisco stayed quiet at Zoom's words, he didn't like where this was going, but if he wanted to get Zoom to trust him, he would need to do what Zoom wanted him to.

Cisco made a small glance around to see where they were heading. He looked a bit curious seeing the name on the building, he didn't recall hearing of such a name on their earth. However, he chose not to question Zoom, as he didn't want to be even more on his bad side, and he assumed he would find out soon enough. He continued to follow the man down the hall and to an office door on the right. "Excuse me sir, do you have an appointment?" The helper at the front desk asked as she had finally noticed Zoom and Cisco brushing past to Carla Tanhauser's office. "Sir!" She called after them again when they quickly rounded the corner. "Vibe.. You know what to do.." Cisco looked hesitant, as the lady didn't seem to be bugging them anymore. He turned around extending his hand sending a shockwave towards the woman watching as she got thrown back hard against the wall and landing on the ground knocked out.

As Carla was sitting at her desk going through some work, she heard the sound of the door open, she pulled her head up quickly looking rather surprised. She hadn't been expecting any visitors. And to see whom had walked in.. "Cisco?" She said looking even more surprised that Cisco would be entering into her office with none other than Zoom, the man she had seen on television terrorizing her city. She quickly stood up taking a few steps back. Cisco's heart pounded when he saw whom Zoom was after. Caitlin's mother, but unfortunately he was going to have to play the part. He took a deep breath closing his eyes and opening them before giving the woman a small smirk. "I believe you have me confused with the wrong person.. Or perhaps.." He extended his hand. "Maybe you just got hit in the head a little bit too hard.." He sent another forceful shockwave seeing the look of fear in her eyes before she got thrown back and knocked out.

"Beautiful work.. I"ll get her. You get her daughter..." Cisco nodded watching as Zoom had lifted Carla over his shoulder. "You know where to meet.." Zoom said before speeding off. Cisco took a deep breath. He didn't want to follow through with this plan, but if he didn't, Zoom would harm Caitlin's mother to get what he needed. He wasn't sure how they were on this earth, but he knew they weren't very close on his earth. Cisco quickly exited out of the room and out of the building making his way towards Star labs. He was hoping that she wouldn't be surrounded by the other team members, but that was highly unlikely.

Before Cisco headed to Star labs, he made his way to one of the small downtown stores. If he needed to play the part of his doppleganger, to trick Caitlin and get her to come with him, he was going to have a change of clothes. Once he finished getting what he needed, he made his way towards the lab building. Cisco made his way up to the elevator getting in rather easily, seeing as since they weren't updated on this earth yet, all he needed for proof was his handprints on the keypad, and made his way down the hall. He peeked around the corner to see that indeed Caitlin was there with Barry, his doppleganger and the others. He knew that from Zoom, Caitlin usually stayed late at the lab, and so he was going to have to wade it out until the others left. He knew Zoom would be impatient but it was the only way this could work.

Cisco had managed to stay in the shadows watching the group closely. Once he heard that the others were going to turn in for the evening, he quickly exited towards the one direction so they couldn't see him, watching as they left. He waited for a good five ten minutes to make sure the gang had left, before slowly approaching the lab room and stepping inside. Cisco watched Caitlin momentarily as she was working on a few things. He was ready to make his presence known when he heard a gasp coming from Caitlin and watched as the papers she had been holding in her hands went flying on the ground. Cisco cleared his throat a little. "Sorry. I didn't meant to frighten you.. I.. I just realized I forgot something and came back for it.." Caitlin took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. She had been on edge since she had been kidnapped by Zoom and seen her doppleganger. "Cisco.. No.. It's fine.. I just wasn't expecting anyone to come back." She knelt down to pick up the few papers as Cisco stepped further into the room. Cisco watched Caitlin's reactions closely. "Are you okay?" He was very sure she wasn't, but he had to pull off the act. Caitlin glanced up at him once she finished picking up the few papers and stood back up, taking a moment to respond. "I'm fine..." Cisco kept his watch on her staying quiet a moment. "I tell you what.. I have an idea." He gave her a small smile. "Why don't we go to the ice cream parlor for old time's sake and get some ice cream? Then we can maybe head back to the apartment and watch a movie? You work too hard. You should take a break.."