Chapter 21: Caitlin's Choice

It had been once again another few months since Vibe had come to visit Caitlin in New York.  She had managed to take his word and messaged Cisco and Barry to let them know she was doing okay where she was.  And she planned on coming to visit them over the holidays.  She knew she still had a decision to make when it came to Vibe.  But if she did choose this, things would be difficult.  They lived on different earths.  And though she knew Vibe could open a breach at any given time for her to go visit, it would still be hard for her to do.

Caitlin let out a small sigh as she had been sitting in her apartment the past few days trying to decide what she wanted to do.  She closed her eyes momentarily trying to think.  After a while, something seemed to come to her and she knew what she had to do.  She gave herself a small smile.  All she had to do was find a way to get there, and she knew just who she could ask for help.

Caitlin packed a few things and hopped in her car making her way to Central City.  When she got to the lab she made a small glance around smiling to herself as all the memories she tried to forget came rushing back.  She couldn't wait to see Cisco and Barry again.  When she made her way to the lab room to see the two boys surrounded by the computer playing some computer game, Caitlin rolled her eyes.  "What's a girl gotta do to get attention to herself around here?"  She teased.  Cisco and Barry both quickly turned around surprise showing on their faces at first but smiled excitedly seeing Caitlin back.  They both jumped off their chairs and went to hug Caitlin.  "Cait!  You're back!"  Cisco smiled as he hugged her.

"Well.  Not exactly.  I just am coming for a visit.  But there was something I need to do first."  She said as she pulled back and glanced at Cisco after giving Barry a hug as well.  Cisco glances at her a bit curiously.  "Of course, anything.."  Caitlin took a deep breath glancing at the two of them, hoping they wouldn't be too angry with her.  "I..  Well.  I was sort of hoping you could open a breach to earth two."  Cisco gave a small smirk punching Caitlin's arm playfully.  "You got it."  Caitlin looked a bit surprised.  "You mean you're not mad?"  Cisco looked at her closely shaking his head.  "No Cait..  Of course not.  All I was hoping for you was that you'd be able to be happy again."  He suddenly felt a little nervous.  "Plus.  Um.. I..  Sort of have been seeing someone."  Caitlin raises her eye and crosses her arms.  "And you didn't tell me!"  Cisco laughed.  "Well, it's hard to tell someone who's been ignoring your messages."  Caitlin bit her lip.  "Oh..  Right."  She took a deep breath.  "I'm sorry Cisco.  I.."  He shook his head letting his hand gently rest on Caitlin's arm.  "It's fine I understand."  "But I still shouldn't of completely left you.  It wasn't your doing.  And I still sort of took it out on you."  Cisco gave her arm a slight squeeze.  "Cait, it's fine, trust me."  She gave a small nod.  "I want to go pay a visit to Vibe first and when I get back you can tell me all about your new girl."  She teased giving Cisco a small nudge.  Cisco laughed a little as he stepped back and extended his hand to open the breach. 

Vibe let out a small sigh.  It had been a few months since he had paid Caitlin a visit and given her a choice.  Perhaps she was never going to be able to forgive him for what had happened.  Perhaps it was about time to move on.  He couldn't pine over her forever.  Besides, she was only her doppleganger right?  He was only settling for Caitlin because she looked like Killer Frost.  Vibe shook his head at the thoughts.  "Stop that."  He muttered to himself.  "You're letting Zoom get to you even when he's dead."  He glanced out the window watching some of the passersby when he heard the sound of the knocking at his door.  He narrowed his eyes turning towards the door.  He wasn't expecting anybody.  He never had any visitors.  He slowly went over to the door and opened it, rather surprised to see Caitlin standing there.

She gave him a small smirk as she stepped up close to him.  "Why the surprise Vibe?  I thought you were able to see the future."  She teased giving him a small wink.  He let out a small laugh.  "Caitlin..  I thought you.."  She stayed quiet a moment at his comment.  "I almost wasn't.."  "What made you change your mind?"  He asked, slowly wrapping his arms around her to pull her closer to him.  She slowly let her arms wrap around his neck glancing at him, staying quiet a few seconds to try and figure out what words to say.  "Something that you said.  I don't want to be alone anymore..  I don't want to be the cold person I once was."  She muttered.  "Caitlin, you wouldn't ever be alone.  The only reason you were was because you chose to be.  You're not her you could never be her..  Barry and Cisco would never let that happen to you."  He lifted his one hand to gently place it against her cheek.  "And neither would I." 

"I..  You were right.  I was afraid of losing people.  So I distanced myself when I thought I could become her.  I didn't want to kill.  And I was afraid that if I stayed by you guys, the memories would get to be too much, and I would lose myself and accidentally kill.  More specifically I was so afraid I would lose myself in the process of becoming her I wouldn't even know what I was doing anymore..  And that I would kill one of you guys."  She took a deep breath and closes her eyes.  She suddenly felt Vibe leaning in and kissing her.  She took a few seconds to let the surprise wear off before she let her hand run through his hair as she returned the kiss.

"I wouldn't ever let that happen."  Vibe said as he pulled back from the kiss.  Caitlin nodded.  "Perhaps not.  But you don't know that for sure.  I have hurt you before, I have hurt all of you before."  "You won't have to worry about that."  Caitlin looks at Vibe.  She was still unsure about her powers accidentally surfacing.  All she had to do was lose control of her emotions, and she'd lose control of her powers.  "Let me help you.."  Caitlin stayed quiet a few more seconds.  "I came here..  Because..  I wanted to tell you in person."  She still looked hesitant.  "I have been thinking.  That..  Maybe..  It wouldn't be all that bad to..  To give us a chance.."  Vibe glances at her a little surprised before giving her a small smile.  "You mean.."  Caitlin gave him a smile in return.  "Yes."  "A..  Are you sure?"  He asked. 

Caitlin grinned a little stepping as close to him as she could.  "I've never been more sure of anything.."  Vibe grinned back hearing Caitlin say those words then leaned in giving her a kiss, closing the door behind them as he did.