Chapter 8: Newcomers

It had been a couple of weeks since Cisco and Ronnie had trapped Killer Frost.  She had managed to break free from the two of them and had decided to go off on her own.  "Are you sure on this?"  Zoom asked when she had gone to meet him, after he had returned back to earth two from being gone for so long.  She nodded.  "I am very sure on this.  I've seen it myself.  Vibe and Deathstorm.. I don't know what they're up to.  But they are forming some sort of conspiracy against you."  Zoom let out a small laugh.  "They.  Conspire against me?  I would like to see them try.  Vibe may be able to see the future.  But I will always still be one step ahead of them..  Keep working with them.  Give them what they want.  As the old saying goes, friends close and enemies closer right?  See if you can't convince them you'll join whatever little operation they have going on.  Find out what it is exactly what they are up to.  Report it back to me.."  Killer Frost gave a small smirk ready to speak when the alerts went off informing them that there was someone new in the mist, on their earth. 

"Looks like we have some guests."  Zoom grinned.  Killer Frost followed him excitedly to meet the new breechers.  She of course knew that they would be coming.  Zoom said so himself, that he would be expecting them to.  However, he had failed to mention the people she would be meeting, would be the dopplegangers to that of her enemies.  "Well well, look what we have here?  Zoom told me you would be showing up."  Killer Frost said in her usual cool tone.  She had a rather amused look on her face to see the shocked look on Barry's and Cisco's faces.  "Caitlin.."  Cisco said.  Killer Frost raises her eye at the boy.  "I hate that name.."  She glared.

"I need you to help us find someone.  Zoom has her.  Do you have any idea where it is he may have taken her?"  Killer Frost let out a laugh.  "You honestly think..  That I came here to help you?  No no..  I came here to kill you.."  She raises her hands letting the ice particles begin to form, turning her head towards Harry as he lifted his gun to shoot the tranquilizer at her.  She extends her hand letting an icicle form around the gun, stopping it in just barely enough time before the ice touched Harry's hand.  "I'd put that toy down big boy.  Or someone could wind up hurt.  And it won't be me."  She watched as Harry dropped the gun as the ice had begun to form around it.

"Caitlin, please..  My daughter is being held by Zoom.  I need to find her.  She's all I have left.."  Killer Frost pretends to form a pouting face hearing the sad story Harry had just told her.  "Oh..  Too bad..  So sad.  That is not my problem.."  She let another icicle form to be at the ready.  "Wait!"  Cisco called out.  "Killer Frost rolled her eyes.  "Even if I were to help you.  Which I'm not, find Zoom's cave, you won't be able to get up there without his help..  Or my own.."

"We are simply asking you to bring us to where Zoom has taken Jesse."  She glanced over at Cisco hearing him speak.  "I am sure that you can do that one thing for us."  Killer Frost took a deep breath and closed her eyes.  If you do that, you will have betrayed Zoom, and Vibe's vision will come true.  You do anything at all to help them, you're as good as dead."  She flung her eyes open at the sound of the voice in her head.  "I have better things to do."  Killer Frost brushed past the group, but suddenly felt Cisco's hand on her arm.  She looked up at him in surprise.  Even on earth one?  He had some sort of feelings for her doppleganger?  "Don't make me hurt you.."  She warned him.  "Please Cait..  I saw your hesitation..  About wanting to kill us.  If you wanted to kill us, you would have done so already.."  He said quietly so only she could hear.  "I know you can't be that heartless yet.."  As she heard Ronnie's old nickname from Cisco's voice calling her Cait, she suddenly let go of his arm and lifted her hands to her temples giving them a massage as she could hear the voice in her head again and feel a headache coming on.  "Caitlin.."  Cisco asked watching her closely with a worried look.  "I said don't call me that!"  She closed her eyes and could suddenly see some flashbacks.  Memories, before she was Killer Frost, and she was working on the team with Cisco, and Barry.  He's right you know.  You're weak.  The voice continued to taunt her.  "I said shut up!"  She yelled, forgetting a moment that the group of breechers were still there. 

"Caitlin.."  Barry began taking a step closer to her but Cisco held his arm in front of Barry, stopping him in case.  Killer Frost slowly pulled her head back up.  She could see the sudden surprise in their faces, as for a moment, she could feel her eyes flicker back to their normal color.  As a way of Caitlin finally trying to fight back through.  Something that hadn't happened in a very long time. Not since before that night she had her first kill to push her over the edge to make her full grown Killer Frost.  Cisco was stunned enough he took a step back from Killer Frost.  "Go.. Now.  Before I change my mind to kill you.."

Barry's heart pounded.  That was the old Caitlin they used to know, trying to pull through.  He had to think fast.  It seemed like the more she heard her old name, the weaker Killer Frost became, and the stronger Caitlin was.  "Caitlin.."  He said again to test out his theory.  "We need you to tell us quickly where Zoom's cave is."  Her eyes flickered once again turning back to blue hearing the name, but she managed to give them the directions towards Zoom's cave.  At least we were able to get that much from her.  Unfortunately they would have to find another way to actually get inside the cave.  But at least we can get there.  Barry thought.  He let his arm rest on Killer Frost's arm.  "Thank you Caitlin.." 

The group quickly took off towards the cave's direction just in time for Killer Frost to fight her way back through.  "I am not weak."  She muttered to herself.  She whipped around realizing she had lost the group of breechers.  "Damn it.."  She began to take off at a run to catch up to them, but she felt someone grab her arm.  She gasped not expecting it, only to see Zoom standing in front of her, not looking pleased at all.  "You let them escape!"  He hissed.  "I.  Well if you would've let me chase after them like I was going to, I wouldn't of!"  She hissed.

Zoom gripped Killer Frost's arm tightly.  "I made you for a reason.  I can also ruin you Killer Frost.  You're not going to make me regret my decision about you are you?"  She took a deep breath, trying not to show her nerves in front of Zoom.  "I had it covered."  She glared.  "It sure looks like you did."  Zoom said sarcastically.  He let his other hand begin to vibrate, lifting it up slightly, Killer Frost could only stare at him wide eyed.  Cisco had been right.  He would kill her.  Killer Frost struggled to try and break free.  Just as his hand raised to send an electrical jolt towards her chest to kill her, she sent a blast of snow towards him, which made him quickly let go of her.

"Caitlin!"  She whipped around hearing the familiar voice.  Vibe..  He was coming for her.  Of course he would.  She felt his hand on her arm as he approached closer to her.  "Are you alright?"  She closed her eyes letting another memory suddenly show through from her past.  One of just her and Cisco..  It had been shortly after the particle explosion.  And she thought Ronnie had been taken from her.  She flung her eyes open again and staring at Zoom, he was slowly starting to let himself vibrate to melt the snow off from him.  Killer Frost quickly stepped aside to loosen Vibe's grip on her before glancing at him.  "Yeah..  I'm fine..  But we need to get out of here..  And fast.."  Not thinking twice about what she was doing, She grabbed a hold of Cisco's arm and took off at a run.