chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

Athena slid into her red bodycon dress slipping on a pair of gold heels

Athena slid into her red bodycon dress slipping on a pair of gold heels. She wondered over to her collection of jewels and pearls, deciding on a pearl necklace and a gold bracelet made from metal.

Today was the last day of Johanna Mason's victory tour and Athena insisted her and Finnick attended the party.

She still remembered the dreadful day of the reaping for the 71st Hunger Games.

Athena and Finnick sat on their couch, entangled together. They were watching all of the reapings for each district, seeing each soon to be tribute.

Athena was not prepared to see what had happened in District 7.

The escort of 7 walked to the bowl filled with numerous girl names, her hand flying in and picking one.

Her heels clicked against the stage as she walked back to the mic.

"And the girls tribute for the 71st Hunger Games is..." she carefully opened the slip of paper, analyzing the name.

"Johanna Mason." Athena's eyes widened as the name left the preppy escort's mouth.

"No." Athena whispered, water finding her eyes.

"No, no, no." She stood up, staring at the tv.

Memories of her games flashed at the back of her mind, Rose's words echoing through her brain. Her promise.

Finnick stood up, grabbing her hand.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Finnick dropped her hand, taking her cheeks.

"It's Johanna. Johanna is Rose's little sister. I promised her I'd find Johanna and I didn't and now she's being reaped!"

"You don't know what's going to happen, okay? She could win."

"She has a 10% chance, Finn."

"Well, so did we. In fact, there was a 0% chance of both of us making it out, but we did."

Athena nodded, wiping away her tears.

"You ready?" Finnick walked into their room, fixing his tie. Athena turned around, taking in Finnick's appearance. He wore a black tuxedo that fit him perfectly. His hair was gelled back, and he wore a black tie, which he was currently tying.